Slayer boots Drummer.......

race81

• Members

Okay, so maybe a bit of a rant, but here goes... and not directed at you, Race! This is just something in general.

I find an element of humor in it when metal fans are shocked by the behavior of metal musicians when it's selfish, stupid, aggressive, or plain silly. I mean, really? Really? Are we really shocked that a band who's last three albums have been called World Painted Blood, Christ Illusion, and God Hates Us All turns out to be a bunch of jerks? REALLY?

You mean a guitarist who's such a tool has an entire chapter of his Wikipedia page designated to "Feuds" even butts heads with his bandmates?

I mean... come on. :) I love me some metal, but Slayer has been the punchline to their own joke for the last fifteen years and they never realized it.

• Members

FitchFY wrote:

I find an element of humor in it when metal fans are shocked by the behavior of metal musicians when it's selfish, stupid, aggressive, or plain silly. I mean, really?
Really
?
Are we really shocked that a band who's last three albums have been called
World Painted Blood
Christ Illusion
, and
God Hates Us All
turns out to be a bunch of jerks?
REALLY?

wow.  i just lost a ton of respect for you, there.  so now the representation of art speaks to the character of the artists??

now, you might not like the content of the lyrics, or even the songs themselves, but your comment is akin to calling George Romero a jerk because of films titled, "Night of the Living Dead," and "Creepshow."

why not just call this slayer thing what it is, just another band {censored}ed-up due to suits and contracts.

• Members

FitchFY wrote:

I find an element of humor in it when metal fans are shocked by the behavior of metal musicians when it's selfish, stupid, aggressive, or plain silly. I mean, really?
Really
? Are we really shocked that a band who's last three albums have been called
World Painted Blood
Christ Illusion
, and
God Hates Us All
turns out to be a bunch of jerks? REALLY?

i see what you're saying...now.  but that's not exactly what you said then^^

Archived