• Members

You could use board(s) as a template. Holes for the spurs,

seat legs etc.

Another thing that works to a degree is simply tying your

bass drum to your seat.

If you have five years to kill, you could just buy the new

Setup-Locs (available spring 2011) :D

• Members

Here's something you can do, and it's absolutely FREE!

Don't play so loud.

Tell the rest of your band to grow up and tone it down.

:D

But seriously, perhaps the front of your bass drum is too low, so that it is resting on the lugs rather than the spurs. Or, if you don't have them already, change your legs to ones that have spikes on the tips. Third option, there are attachments that go on the front rim of your bass drum that have mini legs with spikes that help keep your drum from moving. Fourth option, some company makes a carpet that has a bass drum stop at the front of the carpet.

Or, maybe you just play too hard. Lighten up on the pedal and use a mic if you need that much volume.

Barring that, tying the bass drum to your throne (as mentioned above) is a good brute force method.

• Members

I used to have moving drum syndrome many years ago. I don't have it anymore. Oddly enough, I hit much harder now than I did then.

Previous posters have nailed it: Carpet, front of bassdrum resting on legs (spikes if needed) rather than lugs. And yeah, if you velcro your pedals to the carpet nothing will move.

• Members

Originally posted by 1001gear

Another thing that works to a degree is simply tying your

bass drum to your seat.

I played a show with a band where the drummer had a chain that attached to his throne and wrapped around his whole kit to keep everything in place. :freak:

• Members

You could get a fat mate to sit against your bass drum!

Seriously, happened to me at an outdoor festival where the shared kit wasn't on a carpet or anything.

So given the way I play (very heavy hitting) and the fact the bass drum was resting on a wooden stage, the bass drum was going all over the place with each stroke.

My fat mate noticed, came over and sat against it for the 30 min set we did.

Tell ya one thing, bass drum didn't move an inch!

• Members

I'm having this problem too. Drums move all over the place when I play.

I'm thinking back, and it all started right after I was playing a festival gig and loaned my rug to the tech for the act that went on after us.

Dude swore up and down he'd call me the next day and get my rug back to me. Gave me his card, and everything.

"The number you have dialed has been disconnected..."

/w

• Members

Isn't it amazing how flaky some folks will be over something as small as a piece of carpet? Like the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished.

:mad:

Hopefully, that tech fell down and broke his leg or something after that gig.

• 6 years later...
  • Members

Just go to any place that sells large rubber mats. My dads ole ladies son is an iron worker and while on a job that had those big industrial sized rolls of rubber, he cut me a piece big enough for my big kit and gave it to me free of charge. It works better than anything I have ever used before.

Archived