Time to stop drumming

jimtyler

• Members

I'm 62, hearing is about gone, don't practice much anymore, and I've got this big ole drumset just sitting around in the basement. Wife and I want to go to Europe this summer, daughter in college, and when I think of the drums I only wonder what I might get for it if I sell it off. Should I sell it as a set or sell it piece by piece? It's big, I should get at least 3000-3500 for it if I piece it out. The Jenco Orchestra chimes alone would do pretty well, plus all the rototoms I have, 17 cymbals. What do you guys think? No one wants to hear melodic drumming anyway..

377748_607122085970758_2014039612_n.jpg

• Members

If you can still set your butt down and at least one of your arms move.........play it.  Its good therapy.  Even with hearing gone and age...you can still feel it.  If you sold the stuff, you be back on here in 10-12 months kickin yourself.

• Members

Jim,

You're great at what you do, music is good for your soul, and even though your hearing is not as good as it once was............SO WHAT!

I say play until the Good Lord decides otherwise!

Besides, all of us here love your arrangements, and love your creativity. 

Keep rollin' Brother!

• Members

I don't personally know you Jim, but that is one fine drumset you have on your hands! Drums are an investment that lasts a lifetime in more ways then we realize. My pops was a life long musician and played until he was needed elswhere and I plan on doing the same thing man. My vote would be for you to keep your drums. Once you sell them and then  the money you get for them is gone, they're gone. Besides, getting you a pair of ear plugs is a heck of a lot cheaper then money spent to visit Europe! Best of luck

Archived