A sobering thought.

the DW

• Members

yes, it is. i think the car companies will respond, and in fact, they already have to a degree. better gas mileage is the focus. some folks preach the way of the electric, but how much is it gong to drive up my electric bill? haven't heard much about that. plus, it's not like electric plants are run on magic, either.

• Members

cdawg wrote:

...plus, it's not like electric plants are run on magic, either.

One of the selling points of going electric is that you can use just about anything that burns to make electricity. We have a garbage-to-electricity plant that has been supplying about 10% of the island's electricity burning our trash. Can't use trash in a gasoline powered car! :smileywink:

The other thing that folks forget is that the vast majority of plastic is made from petroleum. If we keep burning it up in our cars, our manufactured goods will get more and more expensive as the price of petroleum goes up and up. Look around you right where you're sitting. How much plastic do you see? What could we replace it with when all the world's petroleum is gone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I bought a Prius a few months ago.. Drove it from Winnipeg Manitoba to Indiana on 60 bucks... I was later hit by a work truck that week, and totaled it, a brand new car 3 days old... But that's another story.. Were getting there, but at a snail pace. Personally I think CO2 (what plants breath) causing warming (which is now climate change because its now cooling) is a money grab, and nuclear doesnt ust polute, it leaves everything it touches unsuable, unhabitable, for ever. Fukoshima is still spewing crap into the ocean. Has been for 2 years now.. Don't eat the fish... 

Oh and work closer to home so you can walk to work. Even if it pays less.. 

• Members

boxofrocks wrote:

I bought a Prius a few months ago.. Drove it from Winnipeg Manitoba to Indiana on 60 bucks... I was later hit by a work truck that week, and totaled it, a brand new car 3 days old... But that's another story.. Were getting there, but at a snail pace. Personally I think CO2 (what plants breath) causing warming (which is now climate change because its now cooling) is a money grab, and nuclear doesnt ust polute, it leaves everything it touches unsuable, unhabitable, for ever.
Fukoshima is still spewing crap into the ocean. Has been for 2 years now.. Don't eat the fish... 

Oh and work closer to home so you can walk to work. Even if it pays less.. 

i read that cancer cases have gone up noticeably in the west coast states from that {censored}.  just awful.  not to mention, the japanese gov is forcing people to move back in there (providing assistance to folks who go back, nothing for the folks who don't want to go back.)

Archived