The Daily Question For Drummers Thread

kindbeats

• Members

Hey everyone. I've been asking a daily question for drummers on various sites for the last few months and figured I might as well start the thread here as well. Basically, every Monday - Friday, I ask a question and everyone posts their answers. For older questions and their answers, please check out the forums at www.kindbeatsdrums.com and please feel free to join and answer there as well!
Today's Question: How often do you practice?

Not as often as I should, that's for sure! frown.gif

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by kindbeats View Post
Hey everyone. I've been asking a daily question for drummers on various sites for the last few months and figured I might as well start the thread here as well. Basically, every Monday - Friday, I ask a question and everyone posts their answers. For older questions, please check out the forums at www.kindbeatsdrums.com and please feel free to join and answer there as well!

Today's Question: How often do you practice?

Not as often as I should, that's for sure! frown.gif
By myself - maybe...MAYBE....once a month - probably closer to 1 time every 2 months, where I'll work on material behind a kit at home w/ headphones.

With the band - usually twice a week + shows (I count that as paid practice)

Sunday from 2:00PM to 6:00PM
Wednesdays from 6:00PM to 8:00PM

End times vary a bit, but we go at least that long. Sunday we go through each of our sets to make sure they stay sharp, then work new material. Wednesday, we polish a few in the set lists and re-work the new material and integrate it into our set list.

Rinse, repeat, and throw a few shows in there for good measure.

So far, we've managed to have a practice the night before a show, run through a couple of songs, let the singer do whatever to not strain his voice, then we pack up our gear for the next day.

• Members

I have 2-4 hour long band practices 4 nights a week.
About once a week I'll spend about an hour behind my kit {censored}ing with {censored}, but I don't really have anything specific I practice. I just play and try to find things that are difficult to do. Then I play them over and over till they're not difficult anymore.

• Members

Not much at all, comes and goes in bursts. Some times it's a little bit every day to, once or twice a week to, a few times a month. Mostly it's due to procrastination. I There's lots I need to work on but, I'd really like to bust my ass on picking up on faster and more fluid double bass, still sitting at so-so 16th notes.

• Members

It varies depending on how often I'm gigging. I play every Wednesday for 2-3 hours with a funk band, and gig 3-4 hours per weekend with my rock cover band. That's the lion's share of my playing, though random jam sessions on a Sunday/ Monday add in, too. I'd love to get my kit set-up in my actual practice place, though! I miss chopping out!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Gremson View Post
No new thread for today's question?

I've got a 24" on my new gigging kit.
22" on my practice kit.
No, the goal is to keep everything in one place so that people can find all of the questions and answers in the same thread.

Archived