Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Daily Question For Drummers Thread

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, the biggest show I did was at the Milwaukee Metal Fest in 2003. Basketball arenas suck for sound.

Comment

• a little bit; not nearly as much as I would like
      "If you can't play the blues...you might as well hang it up." - Dexter Gordon

Comment

• yup; been playing live since 1994. a few years of downtime here and there, but never really let up all that much.
        Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
        Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

• Today's Question: What size is the smallest drum on your kit?

For me, it's a 10" tom.
          www.kindbeatsdrums.com

"Don't live in a world presented to you. Instead, become a creator of worlds."

Comment

• 12" rack tom.
            Don't Sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

Comment

• the mighty 10"
              great googley moogley- Frank ZappaMissing the CHEESE And MarkoHit it!__________if you can't spot the crazy one on the bus, it's probably you..............Cdawg________Good Sellers/Marko46,lossforgain x2

Comment

• 8" rack tom
                Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
                Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

• 12" tom on anything I pick for playing.

Smallest I own is a 10".
                  For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

• 10" rack tom

Comment

• 14" snare

Comment

• Right now it's the 13x9 tom. I have a 12x8 but I'm not using it presently.
                        Here's a tip - if you put out some horrible lo-fi recording that sounds like a Gorilla banging an antelope while using a vacuum with a bad belt drive to suck up a floor full of marbles and silverware - and folks don't line up in mass numbers to hop on your wagon... maybe it ain't us who don't "get it". - THX1138

Comment

• Muffling: Yes and heavy right now since I play in home with neighbors around. Otherwise I would use just a Remo Muff'ler in the bass, a folded small cloth on the underside of the snare to control ring and buzz and then maybe some tape or moongel here or there on toms.

Shows: yes, some clubs and dives. Company picnics, banquets etc. Has been many years ago. I now play for church every now and then.

Smallest drum: 8" tom, bought add on 8" and 10" toms with stand to go with my current five piece. I use it on fills and for accents at times.
                          "As in drug rehab? or derhh, I crashes muh motorcycle rehab??" (Cross Eyed Mary) *** One of the founding members of The Geezer Guild***

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by kindbeats
                            View Post

Today's Question: What size is the smallest drum on your kit?

Four 6" Pearl Rocket Toms

and Four 6"Tama Octobans

Smallest two-headed tom is 8".
                            R.I.P. Marko46 -- You are missed.

My 1988 Pearl MX Monster

Originally Posted by RumStik

You can't pick someone else's pedal anymore than you can dictate his scrotum wrinkle.

Comment

• 8" tom...........that for some reason has spent a large portion of its time in the closet not on the kit.
                              Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by twosticks
                                View Post

Otherwise I would use just a Remo Muff'ler in the bass, a folded small cloth on the underside of the snare to control ring and buzz and then maybe some tape or moongel here or there on toms.

"Just"?

That's a lot of muffling in my eyes.

Fan of 70's sounding drums?
                                For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

Working...
                                X