Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Daily Question For Drummers Thread

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I break about one a week, and that's due to all the rim shots. Generally they get chewed up in the middle and then they blow apart while playing.

Comment

I've only straight-up broken a stick once, and that was probably 8 years ago. When I play louder music, I use bigger sticks. Sure, they always take some getting used to, but after 10 minutes or so I'm fine.
      "If you can't play the blues...you might as well hang it up." - Dexter Gordon

Comment

Now that I'm on an ekit.....well....never.

Comment

Very rare for me as well. I may have one chip and flatten on one side per year, but I haven't broken one in quite a while.
          "As in drug rehab? or derhh, I crashes muh motorcycle rehab??" (Cross Eyed Mary) *** One of the founding members of The Geezer Guild***

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by twosticks
            View Post

Very rare for me as well. I may have one chip and flatten on one side per year, but I haven't broken one in quite a while.

Hey guys, just a reminder that there are no questions on the weekends. I'll be back with a new question Monday!
            www.kindbeatsdrums.com

"Don't live in a world presented to you. Instead, become a creator of worlds."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by kindbeats
              View Post

Hey guys, just a reminder that there are no questions on the weekends. I'll be back with a new question Monday!

then would this be a good time to do a recap of this week's questions?

That way those can be answered over the weekend by people who haven't already and the thread won't stagnate.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTheSnake
                View Post

then would this be a good time to do a recap of this week's questions?

That way those can be answered over the weekend by people who haven't already and the thread won't stagnate.

Sounds like a great idea, Jake! I'll do that right now.

THE WEEKLY RECAP

2/28/11 - How often do you practice?

3/1/11 - How big is your kick drum?

3/2/11 - What is the last thing that you've worked on on the drums?

3/3/11 - What are some of your favorite styles of music to play?

3/4/11 - How often do you break sticks?
                www.kindbeatsdrums.com

Comment

never really , 5a

Comment

Ive only broken one stick in the past 10 years. It was a cheap stick from somewhere,,,very light....and brittle. playing the rock747's hickory for a few years. I can widdle them down, and the tips will give up, but never break.
                    Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

Today's Question: Do you prefer to play with a click or without one?

I personally like working without one, but sometimes they're needed so I feel it's important that ever instrumentalist get used to using one.
                      www.kindbeatsdrums.com

Comment

For live performances, I prefer not to use a click. When recording, I like a nice loud click. Even better, a drum machine playing a simple 2 and 4 beat (assuming a 4/4 time sig).

Good playing can hide a crappy drumset, but even the best drumset can't hide crappy playing.

Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it.- Salvador Dali

Some of the best players that I know really can't play the drums well, but they play music superlatively well. - Jim Chapin

Comment

Depends on the situation.

Recording: absolutely prefer having an accented click or sequenced percussion track in time.

Live: One band I play with uses sequences & some backing tracks. Click is a must have. Other band, not needed or wanted.
                          For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

Live, I have never used a click. Live situations can lead to problems if everyone isn,t on the same page. Never had a group that was comfortable enough to use one.......Can be very useful in studio though..........
                            Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by race81
                              View Post

Live, I have never used a click. Live situations can lead to problems if everyone isn,t on the same page. Never had a group that was comfortable enough to use one.......

Solution: only give the drummer click and everyone understands the drummer is in charge of keeping time.
                              For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

I've never used a click
                                great googley moogley- Frank ZappaMissing the CHEESE And MarkoHit it!__________if you can't spot the crazy one on the bus, it's probably you..............Cdawg________Good Sellers/Marko46,lossforgain x2

Comment

Working...
                                X