Clear All

Progressive rock

Fusion

Classical

Classic rock, country rock
    Don't Sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

Comment

the kind that sounds good, don't care too much about genre

but... because of the band in which I play... I'm kinda partial to indie stuff.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTheSnake
        View Post

the kind that sounds good, don't care too much about genre

Oh. Look at the indie rocker and his too cool to care attitude.
        R.I.P. Marko46 -- You are missed.

My 1988 Pearl MX Monster

Originally Posted by RumStik

You can't pick someone else's pedal anymore than you can dictate his scrotum wrinkle.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Gremson
          View Post

Progressive rock

Fusion

Classical

Classic rock, country rock

This^^^^^and curtain number two alex.
          Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

Classic Rock, Blues, sometimes cheesy pop or drums with horns stuff, just about anything but speed metal or hardcore rap.
            "As in drug rehab? or derhh, I crashes muh motorcycle rehab??" (Cross Eyed Mary) *** One of the founding members of The Geezer Guild***

Comment

we have one song in our set that was described to me the first time i played is as "think of, like, an old school burlesque gig. something you'd hear at some seedy strip club in hollywood at 3am in 1965."

it has this SUPER cool feel, that like total bum-bum-BAH bum-bum-BAH thing.

i swear, it's my favorite song in our set by miles and miles. that style is SO fun to play and has so many possibilities.
              Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
              Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

Jazz, punk (but not at the same time)

I also really like time sigs like 7/4 or 9/4, but grouped in such a way that it just sounds like you're adding an extra 8th note at the end.
                "If you can't play the blues...you might as well hang it up." - Dexter Gordon

Comment

Today's Question: How often do you break your sticks?

It's extremely rare for me these days. Usually only happens when I'm playing some heavy rock (I use 7A's).
                  www.kindbeatsdrums.com

"Don't live in a world presented to you. Instead, become a creator of worlds."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by kindbeats
                    View Post

It's extremely rare for me these days. Usually only happens when I'm playing some heavy rock (I use 7A's).

Depends. Sometimes I go a week or two without breaking one. Sometimes, like last practice, I broke two. Usually they just shred to the point where the mess they make isn't worth it and I replace 'em.
                    R.I.P. Marko46 -- You are missed.

My 1988 Pearl MX Monster

Originally Posted by RumStik

You can't pick someone else's pedal anymore than you can dictate his scrotum wrinkle.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by kindbeats
                      View Post

I break anywhere from 0 to 6 every time I get behind the kit with my band. I use ProMark 747N
                      Spam'o'matic:

Nothing!

Comment

I've had exactly one stick break in the past 3 years. That was a new stick so I assume it was a bad stick. My problem is the tips keep chipping out and they become flat and unuseable. I probably replace my sticks on the average of one or two pair every six weeks or so.

https://www.facebook.com/StreetcarSundayBand

Comment

Break?

Rarely. Like many others, I'll wear a pair down until they are useless, and toss them. Or if I pick up a pair that's borderline and happen to get to that point with them while practicing, I may push it beyond usable in the middle of a song, at which point, I generally give it a good solid strike right on the weak point on the rim of my floor tom to snap it in half.

Maybe break a stick every couple months otherwise.
                          For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

I run in spurts, sometimes I can go months without breaking a stick.Then again I broken 6 in one practice.I don't break cymbals or dent heads,but some days I'm the stick terminator.I use Vic Firth extreme 5B's nylon
                            great googley moogley- Frank ZappaMissing the CHEESE And MarkoHit it!__________if you can't spot the crazy one on the bus, it's probably you..............Cdawg________Good Sellers/Marko46,lossforgain x2

Comment

I used to buy the cheap bricks of stick.

First I'd get the cheapest available. I'd break at least one every practice.

Then I got a decent priced brick and break one every two to three practices.

Then a buddy of mine left a pair of Vic Firth 5Bs at my place a few months ago and I haven't broken one yet.

This could have something to do with improving my technique over the past few months.
                              Don't Sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

Comment

not very often. i'd say a pair will last me a couple months. the wood hoops on the keplinger really do a number on them from rimshots (note to all those that wonder how well my beloved wood hoops hold up - incredibly well), which i do quite a lot of and i have a pretty angular attack on the hats, so the tips get chewed up pretty good as well.

that said, i honestly don't even remember the last time i bought a pair of sticks, now that i think about it. maybe sometime in november? usually buy two pair at a time. and, of course, i play some pretty chunky ones.
                                Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
                                Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

Working...
                                X