No announcement yet.

The Daily Question For Drummers Thread

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday's gone......no question.....just saying
    great googley moogley- Frank ZappaMissing the CHEESE And MarkoHit it!__________if you can't spot the crazy one on the bus, it's probably you..............Cdawg________Good Sellers/Marko46,lossforgain x2

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by zildjian@consol
      View Post

tuesday's gone......no question.....just saying

I think this thread is a great idea!! I totally "get" what you mean by participation, and having it be a fun thing. If a question is really earth-shaking and gets a huge amount of attention, any admin or moderator can move just that question with its answers without much difficulty to a separate thread. You can PM Dendy and me if this needs to happen, and one of us can do it.

Anyway, there WAS a question for today...how big is your kick drum? And my answer is...about 50 micros by 50 microns, because it's sitting in a piece of silicon However, the DTX kick drum trigger that actually triggers it is about 15" in diameter.

BTW I'm not a drummer but my father was (a damn good one, too) so I was "raised with rhythm." A lot of people think the drum parts I program are pretty realistic, and that's 100% because of my Dad, and knowing a lot of good drummers. I may not have the best motor skills in the world when it comes to drumming, but I know where the beats should fall...well, not as well as you guys I'm sure, but not bad for a guitar player...
      CHECK IT OUT: Lilianna!, my latest song, is now streamable from YouTube.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

sorry just found this today...

practice, none at the moment because of living situation unless you count the hands and feet tapping in a rhythmic fashion then its just about 100 hours or more a week.

bass one- pearl export 22x18

bas two- custom bulit 22x24

both are dia by dep.
        WTB: 2002/03 pearl elx select in #279 cobalt mist; 22x18 bass, 8x7 tom, 13x10 tom, or 16x16 floor tom, 20"-22" Zildjian A ping ride, !6"-18" Zildjian K dark crash (times 2)
        spam: for sale or trade for the above; 20" Zildjian K crash ride (new from factory never used), 18" Zildjian A med crash, 22" Zildjian A Med Ride-pm me for more info or to make offer thanks

Good Seller/Buyer/Trader List: Rayboomboom

Comment

22X24?!

Damn.
          Don't Sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

Comment

18 x22,bad to the bone birch
            great googley moogley- Frank ZappaMissing the CHEESE And MarkoHit it!__________if you can't spot the crazy one on the bus, it's probably you..............Cdawg________Good Sellers/Marko46,lossforgain x2

Comment

I gots...

3 kits w/22"

1 w/20"

1 w/24"
              For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

18"

Call it a sideways floor tom if you want, but it packs a punch!
                "If you can't play the blues...you might as well hang it up." - Dexter Gordon

Comment

20" sonor birch?

22" mapex birch

24" yamaha birch
                  What we need here is some ass kickin hard drivin hotter than yo mamma's meatloaf rock-n-roll!

Comment

20x22
                    Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
                    Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

14 x 20
                      Here's a tip - if you put out some horrible lo-fi recording that sounds like a Gorilla banging an antelope while using a vacuum with a bad belt drive to suck up a floor full of marbles and silverware - and folks don't line up in mass numbers to hop on your wagon... maybe it ain't us who don't "get it". - THX1138

Comment

18x22 times 2

"The sound from the massive drum set was not heart pounding, but body pounding." - Steve Puskar, RockErie.com

Comment

Wednesday here, new question?

Comment

Today's Question: What is the last thing you've worked on on the drums?

Hmm...I was writing a groove that's 3 against 2 between the right hand and left foot, with the kick and snare in a 2/4 kind of feel.

By the way guys, I USUALLY post the questions around 12pm EST.
                            www.kindbeatsdrums.com

"Don't live in a world presented to you. Instead, become a creator of worlds."

Comment

same thing. Bringing my right hand into left hand spec. Rolls and everything get cleaner that way. Been at this for some time now. I'm starting to bring the left hand toward some of the right hand attributes as well.
                              Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Technique?

Ummm...s'been way too long for me to say.

But generically 'working on'?

In the next 24 days, I'm subbing 3 gigs for 3 different bands (same key player in each, but all different music) in addition to gigs with my own bands...

I've been working on getting the songs down for the sub-gigs.
                                For cripe's sake, somebody buy that kid a freaking DICTIONARY already!

Comment

Working...
                                X