Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Monster Mash": Best drumming performance of any Halloween themed novelty song

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Monster Mash": Best drumming performance of any Halloween themed novelty song

I love the drums in that song.

Me too - great sound. Who do you reckon? Hal Blaine?
    Proud endorser of HIGHWOOD DRUMS, PAISTE CYMBALS, BIGFOOT KICKBEATERS, SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS, BASKEY DRUMRUGGS & RUGGLUGGS, AXIS PEDALS, HARDCASE CASES & QUICK STICK STICK HOLDERS

www.mike-ellis.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mikeellis

Me too - great sound. Who do you reckon? Hal Blaine?

That's like like asking "What's the square root of one million?"

we'll never know......

http://www.themonstermash.com/mmdex.html

Comment

So, who played drums on 'Monster Mash'?
        Proud endorser of HIGHWOOD DRUMS, PAISTE CYMBALS, BIGFOOT KICKBEATERS, SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS, BASKEY DRUMRUGGS & RUGGLUGGS, AXIS PEDALS, HARDCASE CASES & QUICK STICK STICK HOLDERS

www.mike-ellis.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mikeellis

So, who played drums on 'Monster Mash'?

LOL!

Hal Blaine would be the high percentage guess...he played on everything. Hell, I used to find him playing my drums in my basement!!! Had to throw him out of the house...he was everywhere!!!!!

Another great rockin Halloween tune is the theme from the Munsters TV show. Kind of that 1960's beach music sound, awesome guitar lead, big horn blasts....that song rocks hard.
          OS is kind of like imaginary numbers-- something theoretically useful, but who doesn't acually exist.

Only in OS's case, instead of generating recursive fractals, it's simply that the mass of **************** which fills him is greater than the mass of a similar, hypothetical mass of **************** at 0 degrees Kelvin.

I call this phenominon "dark ****************," and while it is useful to explain OS, dark **************** violates a number of laws we know about matter.

-scarecrowbob, 1/6/07

Comment

bump

Comment

Just to show you how braindead I am, I saw this post and immediately thought the same thing I thought a year ago...."How about the Theme to the Munsters...great tune!"

If I were retarded, would you guys tell me, or would you just be nice to me and let me think I'm normal? Just wondering.
              OS is kind of like imaginary numbers-- something theoretically useful, but who doesn't acually exist.

Only in OS's case, instead of generating recursive fractals, it's simply that the mass of **************** which fills him is greater than the mass of a similar, hypothetical mass of **************** at 0 degrees Kelvin.

I call this phenominon "dark ****************," and while it is useful to explain OS, dark **************** violates a number of laws we know about matter.

-scarecrowbob, 1/6/07

Comment

Originally posted by The_Whale

bump

Lol you remembered this from a year ago?

Steve, don't worry. You're normal.

Comment

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

Steve, don't worry. You're normal.

Thanks, I'm very relieved. My drool bucket and and the fact that I'm required to wear a helmet everywhere you go had me wondering.

-scarecrowbob, 1/6/07

Comment

Originally posted by Old Steve

Just to show you how braindead I am, I saw this post and immediately thought the same thing I thought a year ago....

I'm shocked that a thread from a year ago is still "active"!

Comment

Some band called the ventures, who recorded the music to Hawaii Five-O. It would seem their drummer was the man on monster mash.

http://www.theventures.com/links/facts.htm

"Drummer Mel Taylor believed that he was the first drummer ever to play bluegrass music. He also played the Hollywood Bowl the first time Country music was played there. He did session work with Gary Paxton(Alley Oop, Cherry Pie, Monster Mash, etc.), Herb Alpert, Buck Owens and others before joining the Ventures."
                      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/merlin.five/tweedy1.mp3
                      ////////////////////////////////////////////////
                      Yamaha 9000 recording custom 8/10/12/15/20. Mapex soprano 12" black panther snare/ yamaha 14" brass piccolo. Sabian AAX/evolution/Zildjian K's/K customs/Istanbul agop/Ufip class and natural series/wuhan. Iron cobra H/Hat. Vic Firth 5A/Gadd & Erskine signature sticks/Pro-Mark 5A

Comment

Monster Mash
                        Featured Drummer April 2007

Comment

Halloween bump

Comment

booooooomp.

Comment

I still like the Munsters Theme.....

-scarecrowbob, 1/6/07

Comment

Working...
                              X