No announcement yet.

OT - revive the Food Thread!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I has amps. I can stay for dinner?
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

• i has 'em, too. just don't forum about 'em.
      i miss you, mark
      r.i.p. rudy

Comment

• You doesn't has dinner.

Comment

• but, i DO!

made a nice peppercorn marinade for some porky chops last night. never thought balsamic would make a difference in the marinade (instead of white,) but it sure do. i seared them a on the indoor grill a bit too long, but they were still quite edible. to what temp do you cook pork, anyway?
          i miss you, mark
          r.i.p. rudy

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by HottKarl
            View Post

Not sure if this thread has been shared here......but there are some tasty treats in this one:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...Sticky-Please-)

WOW!! Now THAT'S some great looking food!

Good playing can hide a crappy drumset, but even the best drumset can't hide crappy playing.

Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it.- Salvador Dali

Some of the best players that I know really can't play the drums well, but they play music superlatively well. - Jim Chapin

Comment

• Ok. serious question. What does caviar taste like? Would it go on pizza for instance? Can you flavor anything with it?

Question(S). sorri.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by cdawg
                View Post

but, i DO!

made a nice peppercorn marinade for some porky chops last night. never thought balsamic would make a difference in the marinade (instead of white,) but it sure do. i seared them a on the indoor grill a bit too long, but they were still quite edible. to what temp do you cook pork, anyway?

Above 140. they used to say 180 for pork but that's ****************in charred. 140 will be rareish, I'd shoot for 150ish.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear
                View Post

Ok. serious question. What does caviar taste like? Would it go on pizza for instance? Can you flavor anything with it?

black caviar is pretty nice. best eaten alone on a little bread or a cracker- it's salty with a delicately fishy essence. red caviar is a little less subtle and cheaper. it has a sharper flavor and can be put into other-type foods as a flavor or an accent. I would not put caviar on a pizza, not sure if I'd eat a pizza with caviar on it either. Seems an untrustworthy practice.
                I'm blatman.
                www.timhofmann.org

Comment

• thanks, tim. i aimed for 160, like chicken, but stopped at 155. one piece was more like 165, but it was tough as hell. go figure.

anybody see kfc added bacon to their puke bowl? finally. america's quest to get even closer to the elusive "lunch gun."
                  i miss you, mark
                  r.i.p. rudy

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver
                    View Post

...I would not put caviar on a pizza, not sure if I'd eat a pizza with caviar on it either. Seems an untrustworthy practice.

I can see putting black caviar on pizza, but as a topping added on just before eating. It would be a pretty expensive topping, though.

My favorite is Ikura (Japanese prepared salmon roe). Salmon eggs are wrapped in what's called 'sake kasu' and aged. mmmmmmm....good! Half as salty as black caviar, and way less expensive....although still not cheap.

Good playing can hide a crappy drumset, but even the best drumset can't hide crappy playing.

Some of the best players that I know really can't play the drums well, but they play music superlatively well. - Jim Chapin

Comment

• Is caviar crunchy? If its just salty fishy, what's the big deal?

Comment

• caviar isn't crunchy. it has its own texture. the big deal is its expensive so you must be awesome if you're eating it. it doesn't taste like other stuff, but other stuff can be far more delicious. If you get a chance to try it at a party or something, do so. I've never purchased it and don't plan to.
                        I'm blatman.
                        www.timhofmann.org

Comment

• i made a serious English beef roast today stuffed with garlic cloves and covered with Lemon Pepper seasoning with rosemary roasted potatoes, onions, carrots and celery with a side of peas. cooked it LOW AND SLOW. but then of course, since i am the "Gravy King" , that just added to it. and i love that Tuscan bread slathered with butter to slop up that gravy!!

and the best part is we have leftovers for dinner on Monday so i don't have to cook!!!! just heat and eat.
                          Mapex Pro M
                          Paiste cymbals
                          Attack heads
                          Yamaha stands and pedals

Comment

• OK, per request, here is the Food Thread once again. Hope we get some new contributors!

Comment

• Yeah. I been saving up for caviar. I'm starving.

Comment

• Been making alot of Vietnamese noodles lately. They are easy, quick, cheap and damn good.

I use rice vermicelli and just whip up some dipping sauce that usually includes some fish suace and other ingredients that most people already have on hand.

Google " Bun Ga Nuong" these are the bomb.
                                What we need here is some ass kickin hard drivin hotter than yo mamma's meatloaf rock-n-roll!

Comment

Working...
                                X