Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE DRUMMERS GIG REPORT THREAD...........

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the DW View Post

Thanks..... but what about the shirt? lol.
    too high class for my taste. i prefer shirts that look like chest hair.
    i miss you, mark
    r.i.p. rudy

Comment

• Originally posted by the DW View Post

Thanks..... but what about the shirt? lol.

Cut the sleeves off, then maybe you'll have something..
      Don't Sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things
      I make pedalboards - https://www.facebook.com/puddleboards
      I make music - http://commonlycourteous.com/

Comment

• Busy week for us, as we played thursday night and a saturday night event. Thursday we actually played in my hometown of hannibal, missouri. We were setup directly in front of Mark Twains boyhood home on a street made of bricks. A lot of fun and had a crowd of 4-500.

Saturday night was a fun road trip, but was light on crowd...maybe 40 people, but still had fun.
        Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

• Saturday night we played a gig at a place that was new to us. I always get a little nervous when we are in new surroundings. I worry about things like will the people like our music, are we playing what the people want to here, will we meet management’s expectations and all of the other kind of crap that will run through your mind on a new gig.
          I got to the place two hours before show time and took the small bop kit as I had heard that the place was small. When I walked through the door I had thought that I had traveled back through time. The place was quite dark and had tons of lava lights everywhere. I found the owner and he appeared to be in his 30’s but looked like he came right out of 1968; tie dye and all. He showed me where we would be setting up and it was a small area right in front of a large video monitor that was running psychedelic patters, similar to those of the overhead projectors of years gone bye.
          Seeing that we play 60’s music I thought that we should have a good night. The place did have a pretty good crowd show up and they were very receptive to our music. With the Lava lamps, black lights and all of the 60’s wall hangings, all that was missing was the pot and the patchouli! We had a blast and hope to make a return trip there soon.

Comment

• ^^^thats cool......i have the same concerns when we play somewhere new....got one of those this friday for the 4th of july even. I hope that speaker wasnt playing while you were! Our gig last saturday was kinda strange....we were hired for a birthday party...the 40 or so people, but there was maybe 75 more people that stayed in another room....they were part of a high school reunion...5th year high school reunion. Cant say I blame them...the music we play they wasnt even alive yet!! Win some lose some!
            Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

• We did a cool gig last Tuesday 6/24 at the Seattle VA Hospital in the ICI unit. This is where they treat amputees. We played in their lounge for a about 20 - 30 veterans. Others were listening from their rooms. They were very appreciate and enjoyed the concert. This was the kind of gig where you feel like it is an honor to perform for the audience.

I am a veteran and despise war. But still, these guys answered the bell and I give them my utmost respect. The decision makers on the other hand ...
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="5">P E A C E</font></font></b><br />
              <br />
              <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="1">&quot;A band that is not appearing is disappearing&quot;</font> -- </font><font size="1"><b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Art Blakey</font></b></font><br />
              <br />
              <font size="1">&quot;</font><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="1">If you can't play the blues you might as well hang it up&quot;</font></font> -- <font size="1"><b><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Dexter Gordon</font></font></b></font><br />
              <br />
              <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="2"><font color="Blue"><a href="http://myspace.com/boomboomdrums" target="_blank">http://myspace.com/boomboomdrums</a></font></font></font><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="1"><ul><li>Yamaha Stage Custom Drum Kit (Marina Green)</li>
              <li>Ziljain, Paiste, Wuhan Cymbals</li>
              <li>1972 Slingerland wood Snare Drum</li>
              <li>KORG TR keyboard</li>
              <li>Cubase LE</li>
              <li>Tascam US-122 USB Interface</li>
              <li>George Steck Baby Grand Piano</li>
              </ul></font></font></div>

Comment

• Just got back from our 4th of July outdoor gig. All in all it went well. Had a large crowd that loved our music and the weather was just spectacular. Had minor problems with biting flies and mosquitoes. But my major bummer was I broke a cymbal halfway into our second song of our first set. I cracked a 16" Zildjian thin crash. This is only my second cymbal to crack in my lifetime of playing drums, and the last one was in 1972! I know I had a real good run with these pies, but it still is a major bummer. I really liked the sound I got from that cymbal but I think it may get replaced with a K.

Comment

Working...
                X