The drum forum random thought thread.

Stark

• Members

Post all the random things here that pop into your head, but don't really warrant their own thread!

I think Johnny Raab is completely overrated. I dunno why, that was just on my mind. Seriously, dude, you can do a sick one-hand roll. We get it.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can do a one handed roll too, but I don't get no endorsements. Easiest thing I learned to do in a long time. Saw Mike Mangini (who's infinitely better) do it at a drum clinic, and I figured it out when I got home within 5 minutes. Ian Paice does it to, along with dozens of drummers. First drummer I ever saw do it was Jerry Mercer of April Wine.

• Members

I can do a one handed roll too, but I don't get no endorsements. Easiest thing I learned to do in a long time. Saw Mike Mangini (who's infinitely better) do it at a drum clinic, and I figured it out when I got home within 5 minutes. Ian Paice does it to, along with dozens of drummers. First drummer I ever saw do it was Jerry Mercer of April Wine.

Is that the one where you use the rim? Yeah, that one's pretty easy.

The push-pull "one-handed roll" however is hella hard. I can't get that one for the life of me.

• Members

I like to eat peanut butter straight out of the jar.

Also , I also find Mr. Raab overrated.

Also , Weckl can do a mean one handed rimless roll....I saw him do a clinic years ago and he lost his place in a sentence , froze for about half a second , then played a crazy smooth buzz roll w/ one hand , no rim rocking , just one buzz that never ended. He thought about what he was going to say then stopped rolling and went on to make a second attempt at his sentence.

Also , my dog has fleas......might have got them from my guitarist's ex. (honestly)

• Members

i was having a good couple of days, hanging out with my son, watching concert movies, relaxing, etc. even though work has been pretty bad, i was at peace. then, my wife called from her biz trip. with just a few sentences i was angry again. how does that happen, i wonder?

• Members

It's in the chemistry. Like when I get that awful theme from Family Guy stuck in my head...I just wanna find the nearest kitten and punch it right in the face.

my son cries if we turn it off. we watch it pretty much non-stop. he bounces when the theme comes on. that's pretty cute, tho.

Archived