8 8 16 Exercise - One Hand Development - The Ex. Pad Session

• Members

Hey Guys!!!

It's Frankie here from London again, and here I am with another video for warm ups and daily routine exercises:

I call it the 8 8 16 Exercise. Confused? Have no idea of what this means? Check the video to solve THE CODE! (I'm such a loser...) ;)

Anyway, I'm already planning a few changes for the next videos I'm gonna publish, like shortened the intro and take out the snow sound during transitions; but if you guys have more feedback to give me I would appreciate it

Stay cool guys!!!

Frankie

• Members

This one is generic enough. The tempo is still a little brisk though. You might suggest a tempo under 60bpm or even taking it as 8th notes - half speed IOW. You don't want students developing unnecessary muscle tensions they'll have to unlearn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I guess the tempo I picked is kinda like my goal. I explain the exercise in a slower tempo so that everybody can get it, and then at the tempo that should be reached.

But you're right and I make it clear in the videos that going fast is not always the best option... it's not a race, right? Start slowly and go up as you feel comfortable playing the exercise, that's what I say ;)

• Members

Yes I see in the next video you give an example of the stroke itself. This IMO is what needs to develop. This is what needs to warm up.

I see many guitar lessons where the guy is demonstrating a lick he can play at 250 BPM and then he goes, "I'm gonna do it slow first" and then he plays it at 175. :philpalm:

Archived