Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

What are the young kinds listening to for a prom.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the young kinds listening to for a prom.

Hey, I am originally in the live sound forum , but i am interested in getting into DJ'ing . i am also looking into a prom to dj for it. and i just thought i would come here to see from the pro's , but what are the kids listening to these days for proms. are they listening to a lot of dance mixes or just rap or techno. and if so what are the names of a few of them , I know they are interested in lil wayne for starters. so any other names from these areas of music would really help me. and i need to know where to find the clean versions of the songs as well. thanks.

Honestly, I don't know. I'm much more into the production/performing/club DJ end of things; you're talking more about the mobile DJ world. They're really two different scenes. I suspect a lot of times it's really just the hits being crossfaded, with minimal beat-matching or controllerism... but maybe someone here has a clue.
    There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...