Suggestion for computer DJ equipment?

Slaymoar

• Members

Current setup:

Yamaha MG82 mixer (8 ch) -> power amp

This sucks. I want to be able to hear both sides of the music on each ear of the headphones so I can mix/cue/crossfade properly. Not sure how to achieve this ATM.

I was wondering if there was a decent software + DJ mixing table package somewhere, not sure about budget yet.. Say around 500-1000? I don't want to spend too much, but I don't want to cheap out either. I want something rugged that will last a while and prefer quality over "tons of extra features".

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

It's all about the soundcard or interface, because if you have the right kind, Virtual DJ will recognize the multiple outputs and let you do routing.

Focusrite has a USB interface, the Saffire 6 USB, that's general purpose but also designed to accommodate DJs; it's not too expensive. It might be overkill in some ways but then again, it also has a mic input and such you can blend in, and that could come in handy. It comes with a mixer application that makes it fairly painless to pan whatever your signal sources are to whichever stereo channel you're sending to the headphones.

Hope this helps! You can always order one and return it if it doesn't do what you want :)

• 2 months later...

Archived