Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting input on controllers with built-in mixers.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting input on controllers with built-in mixers.

Hi, everyone! I am a sound guy who also moonlights as a DJ. Right now, I am running Traktor Pro, an Audio 2 DJ sound card, and a Numark MixTrack controller. PC is a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 (64-bit).

This combo has been successful for me to start out with, but I would like to upgrade to more serious kit. A fellow DJ is running the Denon DN-MC6000 and I rather liked the fact that it could function as a standalone mixer as well as a normal MIDI controller. Based on my experiences with this unit, I am exploring similar options. So far, the three controllers of this type I have found are:

- Denon DN-MC6000
    - Allen and Heath Xone 4D (Egads! Expensve!)
    - Numark NS6

Are there other consoles of similar type I should look at? My main requirements would be:

1. Able to interface and control Traktor and/or other top-tier DJ apps.
    2. Superb sound quality and features including balanced mic inputs and balanced outputs.
    3. Under $1k US.
    4. Able to function as a standalone mixer, if needed, for external audio sources (turntables, iPods, etc.).

Thanks for any input or advice!
    Chief fader ape, wire monkey, mic macaque, and speaker chimp.

Just in case someone ever comes across this, I decided on the Denon unit and am saving up the $ to get it.
    Chief fader ape, wire monkey, mic macaque, and speaker chimp.

Comment

The only thing I don't like about the Denon unit is that it comes with the "LE" or light ,version. If you like tractor check out the Native instruments Tractor S4 controller. The Denon is a very interesting unit, but may require quite a bit of tweaking. The Tractor unit is pretty much "plug and play." I'm in the market right now and having one hell of a time deciding. I like the fact that the Denon comes with rails and can be easily rack mounted. But I really like the fact that the S4 comes tweaked for the software. Good reviews on both at DigitalDJtips.com

Comment

Working...
      X