Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 20 Greatest DJ's of all time.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16


    From that article I can agree with Carl Cox as a DJ, Chemical Brothers are awesome whatever you call em; but can't speak on the rest, as I haven't heard them. Some good ones mentioned here though, LTJ Bukem, Sasha & Digweed (94 Renaissance Collection.. enough said), Joey Beltram, Danny Howells. Someone mentioned Masters At Work.. reminds me I need to listen to some of the Essential Mixes I dl'd awhile ago from soundcloud. Link---> http://soundcloud.com/das-boy/sets/essential-mix/
    <div class="signaturecontainer">The music is like colorful garbage artfully thrown upon yr. lawn<br>Die Now - Live Later<br><a target="_blank" href="http://s199.beta.photobucket.com/user/titaniumexpose07/media/lol%20pix/nuke_the_whales3.jpg.html"><img border="0" alt=" photo nuke_the_whales3.jpg" src="http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa189/titaniumexpose07/lol%20pix/nuke_the_whales3.jpg"></a></div>

    Comment


    • #17






      Quote Originally Posted by grungehack
      View Post



      From that article I can agree with Carl Cox as a DJ, Chemical Brothers are awesome whatever you call em; but can't speak on the rest, as I haven't heard them. Some good ones mentioned here though, LTJ Bukem, Sasha & Digweed (94 Renaissance Collection.. enough said), Joey Beltram, Danny Howells. Someone mentioned Masters At Work.. reminds me I need to listen to some of the Essential Mixes I dl'd awhile ago from soundcloud. Link---> http://soundcloud.com/das-boy/sets/essential-mix/




      Many moons ago I went to see Masters At Work play live. I was fortunate enough to meet them after and they were kind enough to give me several signed acetates, including The Bucket Heads, The Bomb. God I love that track. These guys are awesome live, so full of energy.

      Comment


      • #18
        I miss all the quality DJ's from 1991-2000, both British and American. Real DJ's who let the music and the mixes speak for themselves, rather than blabber all through each and every track like some god damned party DJ.

        Comment


        • #19






          Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hulnick
          View Post

          I miss all the quality DJ's from 1991-2000, both British and American. Real DJ's who let the music and the mixes speak for themselves, rather than blabber all through each and every track like some god damned party DJ.




          there's some truth to that...
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Myshell Nukina<br />
          <a href="http://www.nukina.ca" target="_blank">http://www.nukina.ca</a><br />
          <a href="http://www.djmyshell.com" target="_blank">http://www.djmyshell.com</a></div>

          Comment


          • #20
            There is a lot of truth in that. It was years before I actually heard David Morales's voice. When he played, he just played. This was cool with true house headz. I hate all these modern "so called" DJ's who seem to get off hearing their own inane drivel.

            Comment


            • #21
              Is this thread about producers or DJ's? ...there is a difference.

              Comment


              • #22
                I know that Most of the top DJ's from the 90's, such as Morales, MAW and Van Helden considered themselves as DJ's and would be offended if you call them a producer. That label is left to the hip hop/ dubstep guys around these days.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Agreed, in days past a DJ lineup in a club would have a DJ's real name and that's it. Now they have some weird name and call themselves producers.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    DJ's and Producers are 2 separate entities.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'm off to Thailand in a next month. When I attend the Full Moon Party in Koh Samui I will be sure to ask former Kiss 100 DJ Graham Gold if he considers himself a DJ or Producer. Pretty much know what his answer will be.. Bollocks to producers.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Wishing I was in Miami right now, apparently it's cooking there at the moment. Some great DJ's playing the clubs there.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          There's gonna be a kicking pool party at the Raleigh Hotel in Miami this week. One of my old mates is playing.

                          Comment


                          • #28






                            Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hulnick
                            View Post

                            Don't mean to be rude but apart from Jazzy Jeff none of those mean anything to me, never heard of them.




                            Unless you know and appreciate Turntablism and Hip Hop no reason why you necessarily would, but there are some real music legends listed here. Kool Herc is arguably the inventor of Hip Hop!



                            Big up Kwote.



                            I personally would want to add the Scratch Perverts to that list as well as C2C.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://lordlav.com" target="_blank">Lord Lav</a> is a rapper, producer and creator of the <a href="http://lordlav.com/lord-of-the-dead/" target="_blank">Zombie Apocalypse</a> Rap Album <a href="http://lordlav.com/lord-of-the-dead/" target="_blank">Lord of the Dead</a></div>

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              If we're talking about producers (which many of them DJ) my short list would be (in no real order)



                              Evil Activities

                              Art of Fighters and Meccano Twins

                              Neophyte

                              RTC

                              DJ Mad Dog

                              TommyKnocker

                              Tha Playah

                              Amnesys

                              The Stunned Guys

                              C.M.C.

                              DJ Technorch

                              DJ Roughsketch

                              Moro

                              Dj Myosuke



                              Pardon me for being a mainstream whore.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.&quot; -- George Bernard Shaw</div>

                              Comment


                              • #30






                                Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lav
                                View Post

                                Unless you know and appreciate Turntablism and Hip Hop no reason why you necessarily would, but there are some real music legends listed here. Kool Herc is arguably the inventor of Hip Hop!



                                Big up Kwote.



                                I personally would want to add the Scratch Perverts to that list as well as C2C.




                                George Clinton and the funk mob "invented" hip hop YEARS ago......

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X