New DJ lookin for equipment and advice

DLovas

• Members

Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum and i'm very interested in mixing but im not sure to begin. Now right now i've got my eyes set on two Pioneer CDJ2000's and a DJM800 Mixer, also from pioneer. What do you guys think? Feel free to reccommend any hardware that you use.

also, I'm interested in doing some of my own remixes to songs such as Cosmic Gate's Exploration of space, and others. How would i begin? Based on what i've heard i'd need the base elements of the songs in order to sort of give it my own flavor.. Where would i obtain those, and after that how would i mix other things in, and be able to call it my remix?

Thanks for the help in advance, as you can see i am quite new at this. I'm used to Synths and production, so any help here is greatly appreciated.

• Members

The CDJ2000's are rad, but only if you're going to use the features to their full potential...if you're not, then you'd be better off saving some money and getting the CDJ1000MK3's.

Good call on the DJM800 though. Seriously kick ass hardware.

Don't cheap out on headphones. haha.

• Members

Lol thanks for the reply. I've actually got some Pioneer HDJ-1000 Headphones i use with my synths right now. I got a Roland JP8000 and a JV1080 - anyway - so what about the tracks? I read somewhere else beatport and record shops and stuff, but i just want to be sure that that is where you can get vocal versions and instrumentals. Im not sure what is needed for trance mixing.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I bought the rane 68 and I'm extremely happy with it. Built in serato, effects and the mixer is really solid on build quality. I'd also stear clear from the 2000's unless you want to drop a pretty penny. Someone new to the game would probably save themselves - even on the learning side of things - with MK3's - although I think they are phasing them out. I believe the 900 series is the affordable replacement from Pioneer.

Archived