Noise cancellation headphones

mike598

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

As far as I know noise cancellation headphones are really only made to reduce the indistinct "white noise" type of background stuff like conversations, vehicle noise, things like that. If you're having problems with music from the house speakers polluting your headphones, I don't think noise cancellation is going to help.

DJ headphones are designed to seal out sound as much as possible, but not cancel it out. If you've got another loud source around you're never going to get rid of all of it. Find headphones that fit snugly to your head, turn it up, and get used to listening to two things at once.

By the way, how the hell do you "see" a mix?

• Members

alright. does anyone no about phse cancellation? where sound waves are flip 180 degrees to complete cancel out like frequencies ?. Noise cancellation headpones take the out side frequences and flip them so u dont here them inside the headphones ? anyone understand this

• Members

the best thing about noise cancellation head phones is their recording use to prevent mic bleed. I own Direct Sound's EX-29's, {censored}ing great headphones. Perfect for hearing the mix while still playing drums. If you're just wanting them for live use you should probably go with some open backs.

Archived