No announcement yet.

Why do you guys HATE DJs so much???

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you guys HATE DJs so much???

Dude, I'm getting ganged-on in the "MUSIC BIZ" section.

The subject posted is, "Why do you guys HATE DJs so much???" and I only posted it cuz I noticed that when I post a new thread it would GO OFF SUBJECT and start to get negative in how the concept of djing is bull****************! I probably shouldn't have started it cuz it seems I got alot of people angry. For that I apologize!!!

But, if any DJs out there have an opinion on this I can sure use your help???

(being that I'm the only dj on there seems like.)
    It's in under the 'MUSIC BIZ" section.
    MersyOne // NuFunk Defile
    ------------------------------------->
    "I'm Not a Player, I Just FUNK Alot!"

You sucked me in...

I usually try to stay away from arguments like that as nothing we can say will change anyone's mine, but I hate that crap too.
    Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny...

Comment

sorry man!

yeah, ...I wasn't even talking about that stuff at all. I asked about city relocations and it SOMEHOW CHANGED into a hate subject against DJs.

Comment

Cause they pretend to be musicians
        I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
        John Cage

last.fm

my crappy clips

Comment

Originally posted by progrules

Wow, what an original, compelling argument. Great post.
          Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny...

Comment

It's because we get more puss than musicians.

For the record, I'm a DJ, guitarist and keyboardist.

V.

Comment

Originally posted by progrules

A majority of guitarist are musicians. I would say about 80% cant read sheet music and only read tab... A monkey can play guitar givin enough practice..

Yes dj's are not musicians. but some of the turntable guy can do some pretty amazing musical stuff.. And a majority of guitar players can do nothing but play other people's music via tab..
              "Imagination has given us the steam engine, the telephone, the talking-machine, and the automobile, for these things had to be dreamed of before they became realities. So I believe that dreams -day dreams…with your eyes wide open…are likely to lead to the betterment of the world. "

~L. Frank Baum

Comment

Originally posted by gruvjack
                It's because we get more puss than musicians.

For the record, I'm a DJ, guitarist and keyboardist.

V.

NICE ONE!!!

(whoa, all 3 huh?)

Comment

Originally posted by MersyOne
                  Dude, I'm getting ganged-on in the "MUSIC BIZ" section.

The subject posted is, "Why do you guys HATE DJs so much???" and I only posted it cuz I noticed that when I post a new thread it would GO OFF SUBJECT and start to get negative in how the concept of djing is bull****************! I probably shouldn't have started it cuz it seems I got alot of people angry. For that I apologize!!!

But, if any DJs out there have an opinion on this I can sure use your help???

(being that I'm the only dj on there seems like.)
                  It's in under the 'MUSIC BIZ" section.

Looks like your posting in the wrong forum.

www.futureproducers.com
                  Borederline bad engineering great idea.

"...I wanted to write joyful music that made other people feel good. Music that helps and heals, because I believe that music is God’s voice."

-Thomas Bangalter of Dog, Android, Firemen, and Tomato Punk aka Daft Punk

Comment

what can i say,...i was.
                    (gang-rape)

1 dj versus 1000 + band fooz.

Comment

Originally posted by Danocoustic
                      Waa.

WAA.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Comment

I don't hate you guys but do me just 1 favor... get rid of those medley tracks where that have about 15 secs each of some great classics. Either play the damn songs or don't. That' my firend is one way DJs can show some respect for the music.

Comment

Originally posted by MersyOne

NICE ONE!!!

(whoa, all 3 huh?)

Not all at once, or I would have been mondo famous instantly Yeah, I DJ, I have two synths and I picked up the guitar when I was 13.

Originally posted by pdiddy

I don't hate you guys but do me just 1 favor... get rid of those medley tracks where that have about 15 secs each of some great classics. Either play the damn songs or don't. That' my firend is one way DJs can show some respect for the music.

Sure, but only if you promise to stop doing Kylie Minogue covers with drummers who can't keep a beat to save their lives. And have your bassists process their tone.. raw bass imitating synth bass = ugly as sin.

V.

Comment

probly because they are just a bunch of old farts that dont understand electronic or hiphop music.....

I see DJing as an artform
                            I see the producer that makes the music for the DJ a musician
                            listening, making, using, abusing, loving, hating, smelling, eating, and sexing MUSIC

Pushing sonic boundrys

http://www.myspace.com/seldivision

Comment

Originally posted by keka
                              probly because they are just a bunch of old farts that dont understand electronic or hiphop music.....

I see DJing as an artform
                              I see the producer that makes the music for the DJ a musician

Being an "old fart" doesn't mean you can't understand electronic & hiphop "music". I understand it, which means I see them for the shallow imitation of music they really are.

Fun to bounce around to I'm sure but music?

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
                              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
                              It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
                              I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.
                              One large difference between science and religion is this: In science, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the theory is tossed out. In religion, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the facts are tossed out.
                              HCGB draft-dodger

Comment

Working...
                              X