Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

are 15"pair speakers and 18" subwoofer standard in electronic music?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are 15"pair speakers and 18" subwoofer standard in electronic music?

I'm curious so I know what to get should the time come...

Passive or active?
    Earn $25 when one friend makes a purchase. They'll get $10.
    https://www.ebates.com/r/CHICHI1336?eeid=28187

Originally posted by samal50 View Post
    I'm curious so I know what to get should the time come...

Passive or active?
    Yes, 18" subs and 2 way cabinets with a horn and a 15" driver are fairly common. I like the convenience and simplicity of active speakers. As far as what is being used in electronic music for live shows, I can't imagine it's all that dissimilar to other PA systems, although that's not really my genre, so I could be way off base on that.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• samal50
      samal50 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was curious if anyone actually paired a 10" speakers with a 15" or 18" subwoofer. I'm assuming a pair of 15" speakers would have subwoofer type frequency and perhaps may be competing with a subwoofer's frequency. Maybe a 12" pair of speakers and an 18" subwoofer sound better? Or how about a pair of 10" speakers with a 15" subwoofer?
      Last edited by samal50; 07-17-2018, 11:47 AM.
Working...
X