Help! Need a Schematic/Manual for Yamaha RM1608 Console POWER SUPPLY

Bizorro

• Members

Hey Guys i have a large analog console the Yamaha RM 1608 i am trying to sell cheap because i never got the power supply- the PW 1600

if i could at least locate a schematic perhaps a buyer could build one

Yamaha unbelievably does not archive the papers for this

any help greatly appreciated as i am stuck w/ this wonderful but useless behemoth!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31941051[/ATTACH]

• Moderators

Funny, way back a few years I was offered a 1608, dirt cheap [like $50] sans Power supply ...they used to call these the Japnese Neve...great board, but every one I have looked at is untestable because NO ONE has the PS...I do believe the 1608 shared the same PS with another model...maybe the 2408?

The problem was that since it unplugged easily, they got lost when they got put away for long periods of time. Yamaha still does this with their small mixers. Bottom line, I looked to no avail back then...no schematic found, no PS found. I found this, and found it again, but it really didn't get me where I needed to be...https://www.manualslib.com/manual/341447/Yamaha-Rm1608.html?page=13#manual

this is much like old Mutron IIIs...[and yeah, I have spoken at length with Mike B regarding the Mutron III PS...most recently at NAMM].

• Moderators

The PS was multi-function, it ran the board, but also generated the 48V phantom power. I have never actually seen one, so I don't know how large they were, but I am always amazed that these things get lost. Why Yamaha finds it necessary to outboard the AC/DC conversion functions is beyond me; maybe their engineers think it is easier to cover the various power requirements [120/60,110/50,220/50,240/50 etc] via na external unit, but other manufacturers seem to get around that.

Archived