WTB High Gain Head around $600

tws!

• Members

I need a High Gain tube head, I like lots of low end, scooped mid sound. Sound in vein of the uberschall which I will probably never be able to afford.

I just sold my dual rec to get out of debt

The head will be pushing my VHT cab with p50e's

I can probably gets some more cash depending on what you have to offer.

I am in a bind with not having a head and playing in a touring band.

Just let me know if you can help me out. I can use paypal.

I live in Huntingburg Indiana

Thanks

• Members

Dude I would recommend a Peavey XXX. I picked one up for $400. To me they are similar to a Mesa, but lots cheaper. I am a little snobby about Peavey stuff, but it is really a decent amp for High Gain. It is not really able to do Vintage tones. Or you could get a Marshall JCM900. Everybody bags on them so they are cheap, but they are not that bad of an amp. I have had several. I sold the last one a few years ago for $600. I have seen them go for less. Sorry I don't want to part with my XXX. but I just thought I would give you some direction for your search.

• Members

I think the xxx/jsx or ultra plus/60 heads are a good compliment to the 5150/6505 sound. U can mix them to sound pretty similar, but for the most part they each have a pretty unique tone (Could be killer with the 5150picking up most of the highs and mids section, and one of the others for doom).
Kris

• Members

I have a Marshall 100 Watt JCM 900 Hi Gain Master Volume Mark III Model 2100 and JCM 900 slant cab with 4 X 12" speaker. Head in Excellent Condition, 4x12 Stereo Speaker Cab in Very Good condition. $950 for both or $650 + shipping for head. I live in Florissant, Missouri. You can check my ebay feedback as well.

Pics can be seen here:

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj312/claudemorrow/

Claude Morrow

314-420-0932

• 2 weeks later...

Archived