X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know where one of these are

I would like to find any of these guitars that are out there. They were sold in the Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau, area and a few in St Louis. My email is;
    irestorecars@sbcglobal.net

Roger

What's the story on these? That is one cool picture. Is it your Grandpa or something? What is the name on the Headstock?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Though death be poor, It ends a mortal woe.</div>

Comment

Yes, that is my grandfather. The headstock says CARAKER, his name was Jim Caraker. Each guitar is numbered, and dated, on a piece of paper inside. He made about 80 guitars before he passed away in 1978. Most were 7 string, 2 little E strings, acoustics arch tops with laminated tops like the picture. He did make a couple of electrics and a few dual necks. He also made mandolins, photo attached, and violins. We have found 3 madolins but no guitars have surfaced, Thanks for the interest. I have many great memories of helping him in his basement and playing with him.

My grandfather also cut records in a make shift studio he had in his upstairs. Recently we found that first record that Billy Swan ever cut while having all his 78 speed records convereted to Cd's. A mutual friend gave it to Billy. He was actually my neighbor in the late 50's.

Roger

Comment

You should send this picture to www.rumbleseatmusic.com and see if they've ever seen one...also www.hobokenvintage.com
        What a great story! I hope you find one.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>&quot;ain't nothin' don't sound better with tremolo&quot;</i><br />
        <br />
        good deals with: mrlutton, teleman, I-like2play, The Riffer, emmerwood, Overwhelmed987, DarkLlama, rrat</div>

Comment

BUMP

Comment

BUMP

Comment

good story man
              <div class="signaturecontainer">Amps : 1965 Fender Bandmaster, 1965 univox u45b<br />
              Guitars :1975 Fender Mustang, 1967 fender duo sonic II, 96 CIJ Fender Jaguar, 1969 Yamaha FG-75, 74 Gibson SG special<br />
              <br />
              <br />
              <br />
              good deals with:<br />
              surfn748, TheSense X 2, hivedestruction, kasper1ik, box handler, brokenarrow5, gregadeth, nsnyder6, chairborne, thork86, shredtilurded, drummerdarko, sgboy, teleman</div>

Comment

bump

Comment

Good times ( Bump) ..good luck to you !
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Good Transactions : Walking3rds- Doctor Morbius x 2 - mmkco x 2 -Yavin x 2 - 59vampire -thevintagesound -Big Pimpin' T - <br />
                  2deaconblues - Dixie 10-8 -lfrz93-Florbastang-deadanddreaming-guillatool1-EdgeOvThorns-11justin22- steve_man-TheLivingDead-MoreGuitars--notesfield-ZombieCat-Clapton is God-<br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  Joe Ganzalse ......I'll get Joes user name &amp; post him as a bad trader , he'll never use , the user name again anyway ! <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  thanks ..Kevin</div>

Comment

Working...
                  X