WTB: Roland M-1000 digital rack mixer

madoues

• Members

Looking for one of these. If you have one you are willing to part with, let me know the condition and your asking price.

Pictures of your unit would be nice.

As an option, if you are willing to trade, I have gear that is available, mostly older "vintage" rack synths and recording gear, Tascam DA-38, and other stuff.

Thanks,

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Looking for one of these. If you have one you are willing to part with, let me know the condition and your asking price.

Pictures of your unit would be nice.

As an option, if you are willing to trade, I have gear that is available, mostly older "vintage" rack synths and recording gear, Tascam DA-38, and other stuff.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

I actually have 2 of them brand new still in boxes. Bought them a year ago for a project, but never got to use them. So, if yoiu still want one or both, let me know, - I am in Toronto. I got them on sale for $299 US.

Vadim

• Members

To greensberg:

I think I will pass on that.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32608233

:rolleyes:

To IronFelix:

I was under the impression these had been discontinued a while back.

Can you supply pictures and include one of both units together?

Also, pardon my scepticism, but I can't see why you would need two of these for anything.:confused:

Thanks for replying, I'm interested if you are legit.

Dan

• Members

To IronFelix:

I was under the impression these had been discontinued a while back.

Can you supply pictures and include one of both units together?

Also, pardon my scepticism, but I can't see why you would need two of these for anything.
:confused:

Thanks for replying, I'm interested if you are legit.

Dan

Hello Dan,

Yes, indeed the Roland M-1000 is no longer produced, - pity, because it is such great box.

Actually I have 3 of them. The two I was talking about are in fact new, one of them is still in its own box never been opened and the other was opened but never got to be used. The third one is being used. So, - that is the story.

I did buy all 3 of them at once on a close out sale by zzsounds about 2 years ago. I needed 3 of them because at the time I was thinking about using them as a single fully digital multi-channel pre-amp. In other words, the intended use was not for the recording purposes as a mixer.

The problem was the volume control synchronization of 3 units. I am a EE and I teach electronics at the local college here in Toronto, so I knew what the modification needed to be done in order to synchronise the volume control of all 3 units and also to introduce the infrared remote capability to all 3 units once I was at it.

You see, - this way I could get a 6-channel fully digital pre-amp capable of 4-way source switching with near perfect channel tracking and independent channel volume control.

Since the program material is 16 bits and Roland M-1000 up-samples the input data to 24 bits, we get about 48 dB range for the volume control before the original data is compromised. This is great stuff! I get to keep the signal fully digital from the source, through the digital crossovers all the way through the volume control. End result is that you get the best fidelity you can theoretically achieve with 16-bit data.

Well, in the end I scraped the project, because as it turned out 6 channels was not enough, - I need 12, and using multiple M-1000 units is not cost effective. So they have been on the shelf for a while now and at this time I decided to sell them.

I think you need to figure out if I am legit, right? I do not have my camera handy, but sometime hopefully tomorrow I will get to it and will post the pictures.

Vadim

• Members

Hello Dan,

Yes, indeed the Roland M-1000 is no longer produced, - pity, because it is such great box.

Actually I have 3 of them. The two I was talking about are in fact new, one of them is still in its own box never been opened and the other was opened but never got to be used. The third one is being used. So, - that is the story.

Vadim

Vadim,

can you list it on ebay i would like to buy one from you

Thank you,

fennic2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I previously bought and recieved a Roland M-1000 digital rack mixer from an equipment company.. I remember they stated that they still have more of these digital rack mixer for sale.

contact them at

Hi Greensburg,You mentioned you bought and received an m-1000 unit from yuanxie. I purchased one from them, but it appears they have taken my money, and not shipped anything. The do not answer follow-up emails either.Is there anything else you know about these guys that may help?Thanks,Patrick Smith

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Dan,

I actually have 2 of them brand new still in boxes. Bought them a year ago for a project, but never got to use them. So, if yoiu still want one or both, let me know, - I am in Toronto. I got them on sale for $299 US.

Vadim

Hello Vadim -

Would you still have a boxed Roland M-1000 for sale?

Thank you-

Lloyd

• 3 years later...

Archived