Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slap, Tap & Stuff: The Dark Slide Video Thread !

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derek5272

Do you ever double thumb, or are you able to get all the speed you need just smacking the strings like in the first video? I find it really hard/awkward to try to get good speed without double thumbing.

I do double thumb however it's gone downhill quite a bit because I prefer the thumb pop and that is how my style has evolved.

But I have no problem with the speed in the first video. Actually, it's a bit slow...
    Dark Slide: Resident ****************************

My Heel-Toe Thread

I may not go down in history... but I'll go down on your sister!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Slide

I do double thumb however it's gone downhill quite a bit because I prefer the thumb pop and that is how my style has evolved.

But I have no problem with the speed in the first video. Actually, it's a bit slow...

I tried both methods, the first one is definatly more "natural" to me and came a lot easier. The double thumb is going to take some work, but based on your two videos I am not sure it's even worth it since the first technique just feels better to me.

Amazing how simple this is when it gets broken down like this...!
      Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

The show, no matter how retarded, must go on. This is why musicians drink so much, alcohol helps them cope with facts by enveloping their brains and auditory senses in a haze of thickly applied B.S.

Comment

• Video 2 is being posted, the first part is up, the second part will be up as soon as I am done uploading it.

Any requests for information, more details, specific things to be addressed in the next video, etc, can be posted here.
        Dark Slide: Resident ****************************

My Heel-Toe Thread

I may not go down in history... but I'll go down on your sister!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Slide
          Video 2 is being posted, the first part is up, the second part will be up as soon as I am done uploading it.

Any requests for information, more details, specific things to be addressed in the next video, etc, can be posted here.

Ok here is an idea; how about the rest of that video I asked about, he changes from the techniuqe that you showed us to something else...?
          Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

The show, no matter how retarded, must go on. This is why musicians drink so much, alcohol helps them cope with facts by enveloping their brains and auditory senses in a haze of thickly applied B.S.

Comment

• You da man !
            Thank you

Comment

• Great videos. Thanks!
              Everything about the Trace Elliot V8: http://www.trace-elliot-v8.com/

G&L LB-100 | Trace Elliot V8 | Trace Elliot 1084
              Boss TU-2 | Fulltone Bassdrive
              Peavey Microbass

Comment

• Originally posted by Phyrexian
                Great videos. Thanks!

Word. You are the man.

Comment

Working...
                X