Cliff Em' All

conk97

• Members

Meh... 3rd guitarist... ;) It's hard for me not to come to somewhat of that conclusion when the first thing James ever said about Cliff was "I couldn't believe that guitar sound I was hearing was bass." So, eh. :)

(oh yeah- i said it! let's go! :mad: :mad: )

I can't ever really hear Cliff's lines in any mixes with him playing to make me go "whoa".

Jason's still my guy. :cool:

• Members

Listen to 'The Call of Kutulu'... those crazy leads in the first part of the song are Cliff :D

But I think the reason he's treated with such idol-like status is because he died before he could achieve his potential. He was well on the way to becoming the best bassist metal ever saw. He was only 23 :(

• Members

Originally posted by NeonVomit

Listen to 'The Call of Kutulu'... those crazy leads in the first part of the song are Cliff
:D

But I think the reason he's treated with such idol-like status is because he died before he could achieve his potential. He was well on the way to becoming the best bassist metal ever saw. He was only 23
:(

Oh I know... ;) I play that song all the time. Well, attempt at least. :D I've got the right Morley wah an' everything, so it's fun to jam out with.

As is with everyone who went before their time. You realize that Stevie Ray Vaughan would only be in his early 50's right now if he were still here? :(

Talk about potential lost... whew! His last recorded show is just 100 times better than his early ones. I can't even imagine what he'd be doing right now.

• Members

sadly all of their recordings are bass shy , Thank God for kill 'Em all or we would have never heard Cliff ,I saw them in 84 in a tiny bar less than 100 people , and they played like that was their last day on earth ,Awesome , powerful and Cliff was a wild man , and the gtr players could hardly keep up with his energy ! RIP Cliff m/ :p m/

Archived