Quest bass guitar

Michael91

• Members

Hi,

I was wondering wether anyone has heard of or got a Quest bass guitar, because i got one as a present and cant seem to find out anything about it on the internet. Are they good quality or well known? Any help would be grately apreciated, thankyou.

(Mine is a stage series if that helps)

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Japanese and if my memory serves me correctly, very Rickenbacker-like in style. I read somewhere that like most Japanese copies and unique brands, they played and sounded quite reasonable.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Never seen a Quest. Seen plenty of Vantage instruments though. The relationship is probably obvious.

• Members

I have a Quest bass. The logo reads "Quest by Vantage". Body style is the familiar Alembic sort seen on Vantage and Kawai basses. Some dark wood, nice grain, clear gloss finish. Really nice looking piece of wood. Thick neck, but very short. It's guitar scale, but 4 strings and a P pickup make it a bass. Sounds cool with the tone all the way down, big muddy boominess. With the tone up, it sounds thin and honky. The Quarter Pounder I put in it is worlds better than the stock pickup.

Right now it's a piccolo bass, but since it's so small I didn't have to buy piccolo bass strings, I just put some old guitar strings on it. Unless the scale makes it a four string guitar... either way, it's pretty odd. I keep it in a Les Paul case I got out of the dumpster. The case is still too big for the bass, it slides around inside.

• Members

I have a Quest bass. The logo reads "Quest by Vantage". Body style is the familiar Alembic sort seen on Vantage and Kawai basses. Some dark wood, nice grain, clear gloss finish. Really nice looking piece of wood. Thick neck, but very short. It's guitar scale, but 4 strings and a P pickup make it a bass. Sounds cool with the tone all the way down, big muddy boominess. With the tone up, it sounds thin and honky. The Quarter Pounder I put in it is worlds better than the stock pickup.

Right now it's a piccolo bass, but since it's so small I didn't have to buy piccolo bass strings, I just put some old guitar strings on it. Unless the scale makes it a four string guitar... either way, it's pretty odd. I keep it in a Les Paul case I got out of the dumpster. The case is still too big for the bass, it slides around inside.

Wierd. But a cheap way to have a piccolo bass.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I have a Quest Bass made in Japan I bought 25 years ago. It has black body and neck. The body is solid mahogany and quite heavy. It has a solid thumping bass sound ideal for rock type styles but not so good for modern funky styles. I took it into my local guitar shop for a set up recently and they went crazy for it. They valued it at around

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I bought a Quest bass about 1987. It's red and is shaped like an Gibson Explorer. It's sure not the greatest bass ever made but it still works. I put new strings on it a few months ago after not playing it for years and it isn't bad at all. After some adjustments it works quite well. I, too, cannot seem to find any info on it anywhere.

Archived