Ampeg BA210 Vs. BA115HP

BigMac5

• Members

My son has been playing bass for a year now. He and his friends started a band with drummer and everything. They are going to enter a talent show next month. Its a big room that sits 800+. right now he has an Ampeg BA112 ( 50 watts 12 inch speaker). The amp is not loud enough to play with two guitars and drums. His birthday is coming up soon and I wanted to get him a more powerful combo. I was thinking about the Ampeg BA210 or BA115HP. There the same amp (220 watts amp) except for the speaker. One has 2 x 10 the other 1 x 15 inch speaker.

Which would you choose and why? He is playing a MIM P-Bass

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

After trying the BA-210 I have to say it's not that much louder than the BA-112. It does have more low end but I don't think it's worth getting.

I am thinking of going with separates. Maybe a Ampef BR2E or SVT-3Pro head with a 410-HLF. Any opinions?

• Members

Originally posted by BigMac5

After trying the BA-210 I have to say it's not that much louder than the BA-112. It does have more low end but I don't think it's worth getting.

I have both the BA-112 & the BA-210. The 210 is much louder than the 112, no comparison.

• Members

Originally posted by Banta

I have both the BA-112 & the BA-210. The 210 is much louder than the 112, no comparison.

It's a little louder in my opinion but not much. It does have more low end. I don'd think it was worth the upgrade. I realize it was not loud enough when the guitarist (Playing a Epiphone less paul trough a Fender 65' Deluxe RI ans an SD-1) said, I can't hear the bass. The bass was turned all the way up and the 65' deluxe was at 5. The guitarist had to turn the volume down to 4. The 65' Deluxe is only a 22 watt tube amp. Imagine if these kids start using 100 watt heads:confused:

Archived