Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg BA210 Vs. BA115HP

My son has been playing bass for a year now. He and his friends started a band with drummer and everything. They are going to enter a talent show next month. Its a big room that sits 800+. right now he has an Ampeg BA112 ( 50 watts 12 inch speaker). The amp is not loud enough to play with two guitars and drums. His birthday is coming up soon and I wanted to get him a more powerful combo. I was thinking about the Ampeg BA210 or BA115HP. There the same amp (220 watts amp) except for the speaker. One has 2 x 10 the other 1 x 15 inch speaker.

Which would you choose and why? He is playing a MIM P-Bass

BA 210. Later he can put a 15 under it and have a nice rig
    Ty

Looking for a set of Dimarzio model J's.

Good Judgement comes from experience,
    Experience comes from bad judgement.

Yep. He's the anti-puss. Bnyswonger
    I vote for you having the best avatar! STFF

Comment

Bump!

Comment

The 2x10.

Has a better shot at being heard by more people.
        Winner of the yearly bassguy-illidian parody thread contest, 2005.
        Genz-Benz GBE600 and LS-210T for sale. If interested, PM me.

Comment

115. I have the 100 BA115 and the 15 sounds nice any way that you push it.

Comment

After trying the BA-210 I have to say it's not that much louder than the BA-112. It does have more low end but I don't think it's worth getting.

I am thinking of going with separates. Maybe a Ampef BR2E or SVT-3Pro head with a 410-HLF. Any opinions?

Comment

Get him an Ashdown MAG and pair it with an Avatar 2x10 or some other cab that isn't crazy expensive. He'll love it.
              Official member of the HCBF DeezNuts Club
              Official member of the HCBF Tube Bass Amp Club

Drive vegetarian, biatch!

Hee hee, pigs have a lot of little titties! - Monkabutt

Come on dudes lets all just smoke some crop and watch The Magic School Bus. Ms. Frizzle is the shizzle. - DanTolen

Playing with a pick is like throttling yourself with a belt and blowing hot air on your balls with a hairdryer while you masturbate - sometimes it's just the only way to get the job done. - FreestyleIntruder

Comment

Originally posted by zenfascist
                Get him an Ashdown MAG and pair it with an Avatar 2x10 or some other cab that isn't crazy expensive. He'll love it.

Heck yeah!
                JC Bass
                AKA "Thunder"
                Provider of Solid Bottom End
                Holding the low end since 1990
                My Music
                Be my band's friend on MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by BigMac5

I am thinking of going with separates. Maybe a Ampef BR2E or SVT-3Pro head with a 410-HLF. Any opinions?

That would take care of the situation nicely. Wayyy better than an Avatar.

Get him a 4 10 cab and be done with it.
                  There's a Seeker born every minute! -Dr. "Happy" Harry Cox

member HCBF Tube Bass Amp Club

"i have that kind of voice..... a man who received a kick on his balls"-Cencio

"Moreover, the sound of an air rich feeling is a feature because it excels in sound place vast reproduction."
                  -

I beg to differ
                  My myspace
                  Bucket on myspace
                  Tickled Pink on myspace
                  psychodots.net

Comment

Originally posted by BigMac5
                    After trying the BA-210 I have to say it's not that much louder than the BA-112. It does have more low end but I don't think it's worth getting.

I have both the BA-112 & the BA-210. The 210 is much louder than the 112, no comparison.
                    Warwick Infinity NT5
                    Ric 4003
                    Ric 4003S/5
                    Zon Legacy Elite V
                    Ampeg SVT-CL/810E
                    MarkBass CMD 102P
                    Ampeg BA-210SP
                    Ampeg BA-112

"HCBF's own atypical religious fanatic raving liberal lunatic" - Rippin' Robin

Comment

Go separates. Get one or two Avatars and a GK or Ashdown head.

I had a BA210 combo. Works OK but it weighs 85 pounds. Lost $250 on commission when I sold it to get separates.

I'd keep the BA112 for practice and get an Avatar 212 and head. The Yorkville XS400H is a good loud head.
                      __________________________________________________ ____

Winner of the Bonoman Post of the Day Award! -09/10/03

Comment

Originally posted by tylytle
                        BA 210. Later he can put a 15 under it and have a nice rig

No he can't. The BA210 Combo won't take an extension speaker.
                        __________________________________________________ ____

Winner of the Bonoman Post of the Day Award! -09/10/03

Comment

Originally posted by Banta

I have both the BA-112 & the BA-210. The 210 is much louder than the 112, no comparison.

It's a little louder in my opinion but not much. It does have more low end. I don'd think it was worth the upgrade. I realize it was not loud enough when the guitarist (Playing a Epiphone less paul trough a Fender 65' Deluxe RI ans an SD-1) said, I can't hear the bass. The bass was turned all the way up and the 65' deluxe was at 5. The guitarist had to turn the volume down to 4. The 65' Deluxe is only a 22 watt tube amp. Imagine if these kids start using 100 watt heads

Comment

Working...
                          X