Fenderbird

oldivor

• Members

Then let me add for you guys that in one regard the Warmoth fenderbird will be much better. Because of the bolt on neck pocket, you can mount the forward strap button/lock WAY farther forward than a Gibson body, and the end result will be a bass that balances perfectly. No neck dive whatsoever. Trust me on that.;)

• Members

Originally posted by L-1329

Then let me add for you guys that in one regard the Warmoth fenderbird will be much better. Because of the bolt on neck pocket, you can mount the forward strap button/lock WAY farther forward than a Gibson body, and the end result will be a bass that balances perfectly. No neck dive whatsoever. Trust me on that.
;)

Well JE had custom bodies build and then put T-bird pickups and all in the body and then put a fender neck on it.

• Members

Originally posted by oldivor

http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/equipment/bass/equip-entwistlegear-endorsements.html#lakland

*drool*

Damn. I have NEVER been turned on by any of the fender style "boutique" basses, so I've never met a Lakland I liked.

So I see that. Funny, the one thing that always bugged me about fenderbirds was the dots. I hate them. So this would have been the only Lakland I've seen and liked, and the only Fenderbird I've seen and REALLY liked.

So they won't make it. Bastards. It's like watching a car show, where you see all the cool prototypes they could build but won't.

:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by fealach

Damn. I have NEVER been turned on by any of the fender style "boutique" basses, so I've never met a Lakland I liked.

So I see that. Funny, the one thing that always bugged me about fenderbirds was the dots. I hate them. So this would have been the only Lakland I've seen and liked, and the only Fenderbird I've seen and REALLY liked.

So they won't make it. Bastards. It's like watching a car show, where you see all the cool prototypes they could build but won't.

:mad:

yeah, I know I'd buy one. :(

Archived