How are the EMG Select Bass Pickups

justinbass

• Members

They are cheaper than most, so I am concerned. Should I be? Has anyone had any luck, or negative experiances with these? What else should I be looking at?

I am shopping for pups for my SX P/J combo, and I am trying to avoid breaking the bank.

Currently, I am more concerned about the P-pup, since I've only been using it with my current band. I am also considering grabbing a SD 1/4-lb P-pup and buying a J-pup later.

thoughts? suggestions? jokes?

• Members

I'll start out with a joke...

This guy went into a doctor's office and told the nurse, "I have a problem with my dick." The nurse, half horrified, said, "I am amazed that you have the audacity to use that language here. I will not help you until you call 'it' something else." A little embarrassed, the guy leaves.

A few minutes later, he comes back in and says, "I have something wrong with my ear." So the nurse says, "That's better. Now what's wrong with your ear?"

The guy replies, "I can't piss out of it."

okay, so how are the pups?

• Members

thread over. I went ahead, read 100+ reviews and 20+ pup discussions here, and I ordered Seymour Duncan quater pounders.

So I have a bad ass II bridge, new strings, new 250k pots, a new jack, and pups in the mail.

I'll bring a camera along for the upgrades. I can't wait for my new(er) bass!

• 10 years later...
  • Members
They are cheaper than most' date=' so I am concerned. Should I be? Has anyone had any luck, or negative experiances with these? What else should I be looking at?

I am shopping for pups for my SX P/J combo, and I am trying to avoid breaking the bank.

Currently, I am more concerned about the P-pup, since I've only been using it with my current band. I am also considering grabbing a SD 1/4-lb P-pup and buying a J-pup later.

thoughts? suggestions? jokes?[/quote']I put a p-bass set of selects in my muddy sounding Series A POS and it sounds like a Fender now. But to be fair, I aĺso put a Bad Ass 2 bridge on it. But the pickups made all the difference. The bridge cleaned it up a bit and gives great sustain. Sounds like 1 of those way overpriced Fenders.

Archived