Do Muslims work?

B-Bottom

• Members

Only the unemployed and have the kind of free time to worry about this kind of stuff. So much so that they have to burn stuff. and if they don't work than who is paying for all of the flags and other things that they are always burning or walking all over?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=405238&in_page_id=1811&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=NEWS&ct=5

Muslim fury grows at Pope's speech

Last updated at 13:42pm on 15th September 2006

popeeffigy_700x405.jpg

Muslim activists burn an effigy of Pope Benedict XVI during a protest in Srinagar, India.

The furore over comments made by Pope Benedict about the Islamic concept of Holy War continues to grow. Today British Muslims joined in, fiercely criticising his remarks.

The pontiff was accused of falling into "the trap of bigots and racists" with the comments he made on a visit to Germany.

Last night Vatican officials were scrambling to defend the comments, saying the Pope had never intended to offend Muslims.

During a speech, he quoted a 14th century Byzantine emperor who said the prophet Mohammed had brought "things only evil and inhuman".

But Britain's Ramadhan Foundation, a youth organisation based in Rochdale, reacted angrily to the comments, comparing the Pope unfavourably to his predecessor John Paul II.

In a statement it said: "If the Pope wanted to attack Islam and Prophet Muhammad teachings he could have been brave enough to say it personally without quoting a 14th century Byzantine Christian emperor.

"The late Pope John Paul II spent over 25 years to build bridges and links with the Muslim community. He showed the world that its perception of Islam was false and that we are peace-loving people.

"The Ramadhan Foundation is disappointed that the current Pope has not followed the example of his predecessor; it is essential in today's world that we link together and encourage a wider understanding of our different faiths, celebrating our religious differences is essential in a ever expanding world."

Muhammad Umar, chairman of the foundation, said: "This attack on Islam and Prophet Muhammad by Pope Benedict is recognition that he has fallen into the trap of the bigots and racists when it comes to judging Islam on the actions of a small number of extreme elements."

The Pope's speech quoted from a book recounting a conversation between 14th century Byzantine Christian Emperor Manuel Paleologos II and an educated Persian on the truths of Christianity and Islam.

"The emperor comes to speak about the issue of jihad, holy war," the Pope said.

"He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached'."

Benedict described the phrases on Islam as "brusque", while neither explicitly agreeing with nor repudiating them.

Pakistan's parliament condemned the "derogatory" remarks today and demanded an apology. The country's foreign ministry said they were "regrettable" and claimed they would encourage violence.

Vatican spokesman the Rev Federico Lombardi issued a statement defending the speech after Pope Benedict returned to Rome. "It certainly wasn't the intention of the Pope to carry out a deep examination of jihad (holy war) and on Muslim thought on it, much less to offend the sensibility of Muslim believers," he said.

He insisted that the pontiff wanted to "cultivate an attitude of respect and dialogue toward the other religions and cultures, obviously also toward Islam".

But Turkey's top Islamic cleric Ali Bardakoglu asked Benedict to apologise and made a string of accusations against Christianity, raising tensions ahead of a planned papal visit to the country in November.

He said he was deeply offended by the remarks and called them "extraordinarily worrying, saddening and unfortunate".

The 57-nation Organisation of the Islamic Conference, based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, said it regretted "the Pope's quote and for the other falsifications". Militant Islamic websites also attacked the Pope.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, thats a BIG part of thr problem- There are not enough jobs to keep the young occupied througout the Middle East. 20-30% Unemployment is not unusual. So they go to mosque. And they get told what to think. And so they do this crap. Compare with the planned Labor day rallies in the US for illegal immigrants. Did they show up? Hell no, they had work to do!!! (Half joking, but only half)

• Members

Dear Muslim Man Complaint Box,

Hey, I don't know if you noticed, but my entire family lives in a {censored}ing bomb crater eating leaves all day. I know Death to Israel, Death to America and all that but do you think you could take a look at installing a floor in my crater or something? I'm on your side, I'm Muslim, I just think we need to prioritize better. Maybe ease back on the "death to X" stuff and look into paved roads and running water. When I can afford to buy a car I promise to load the trunk full of fertilizer and drive it into a Jewish wedding. Let's just get me to the "buy a car" part first.

• Members

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

Do libertarians work ?
:p

Yep, we work like crazy for a while. Once the old resume is padded and the income is climbing we realize that we enjoy diminishing returns on effort thanks to the tax man. Then we become lazy Americans who do a solid 30 hours of work per week and make enough money to live very comfortably.

It's an awful cycle and I blame George Bush.

• Members

Originally posted by percyexpat

good old racism.

you know those people in that picture don't speak for all muslims. they're actually normal people like you and me and they have a diversity of opinion. some of them are irrational and obnoxious and some are very nice.

moron.

Race_Card.jpg

• CMS Author

Originally posted by percyexpat

good old racism.

you know those people in that picture don't speak for all muslims. they're actually normal people like you and me and they have a diversity of opinion. some of them are irrational and obnoxious and some are very nice.

moron.

It's sarcasm. Ironic that so many times I've had people ask why Americans can't appreciate sarcasm, but so many times it's minsinterpreted here.

The question is, "why are there so many muslims protesting the US, or the Pope, or some newspaper op-ed, or cartoon? Why do they do so with violence almost every time, while the religion is supposedly peaceful? Where are all the peaceful Muslims, and why aren't they doing anything about the violent ones?"

It's frustration with a group of people who see hell-bent on {censored}ing up the world for no good purpose.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

The question is, "why are there so many muslims protesting the US, or the Pope, or some newspaper op-ed, or cartoon? Why do they do so with violence almost every time, while the religion is supposedly peaceful? Where are all the peaceful Muslims, and why aren't they doing anything about the violent ones?"

It's frustration with a group of people who see hell-bent on {censored}ing up the world for no good purpose.

+1. I saw on a show last night a group of Iraqis ambush a truck (Ford F150) of American citizens on a road, set it on fire w/ the 4 people inside, throw rocks at it while they were burning, then dragged them out on the street for a while.

I guess that's a "peaceful demonstration" if I ever saw one...

• Members

I don't like the tone of this discussion at all.

It reeks of racism and intolerance.

Discussing news is fine. Expressing general mockery and hatred toward a whole community isn't.

If the posts in this thread are a problem, I want every anti-American post on this entire website censured.

We get hated on and mocked 50 times a day here because of feelings people have towards one American man.

I know, I know, boo hoo, but there isn't a difference, and I don't hate Muslims because they're Muslims, I hate them because they're assholes hell bent on my destruction. I'm allowed to hate somebody for that.

C7

• Members

Originally posted by Crescent Seven

If the posts in this thread are a problem, I want every anti-American post on this entire website censured.

We get hated on and mocked 50 times a day here because of feelings people have towards one American man.

I know, I know, boo hoo, but there isn't a difference, and I don't hate Muslims because they're Muslims, I hate them because they're assholes hell bent on my destruction. I'm allowed to hate somebody for that.

C7

51.jpg

• CMS Author

I don't like the tone of this discussion at all.

It reeks of racism and intolerance.

Discussing news is fine. Expressing general mockery and hatred toward a whole community isn't.

So it's not okay to mock and hate the community of people who burn effigies, chant "death to America", etc. and talk of nothing but jihad this, jihad that.....

I am indeed wholly intolerant of these asswipes. If you don't like it, by all means lock, delete or censure this thread. Just make damned sure you apply the same filters equally. You'll be busy a while.

• Members

Muslims United In Rage Against Pope

The 57-nation Organisation of the Islamic Conference, based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, said it regretted "the Pope's quote and for the other falsifications". Militant Islamic websites also attacked the Pope. (was this written by The Onion..?)

And yet are strangely silent when

hideous atrocities are committed by Muslims in the the name of Allah.

Until they make the 57-nation Organisation of the Islamic Conference - or ANY other organization representing Islam - makes as much noise about the latter as they do about the former....until that time I will call BULL{censored} everytime anyone utters the phrase "Islam is a religion of peace...."

• Members

Originally posted by Crescent Seven

C7

Better take off all the anti-Christian Rants too. I guess that is not seen as being intolerant because Christianity is the "majority" faith.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

So it's not okay to mock and hate the community of people who burn effigies, chant "death to America", etc. and talk of nothing but jihad this, jihad that.....

I am indeed wholly intolerant of these asswipes. If you don't like it, by all means lock, delete or censure this thread. Just make damned sure you apply the same filters equally. You'll be busy a while.

It's the same as blaming all christians for fundamentalists and KKK.

A LITTLE BIT of a generalization.

Archived