People who commit suicide after being violently raped (OT)

Darkstorm

• Members

Are in the minority. Very few violent rape victims commit suicide. Though a large percentage do suffer great psychological distress. Few commit suicide. When a child is violently raped its the responsibility of the parents and other adult authorities to make sure that child receives immediate attention and aid both physical & mental. Otherwise those adult and parents are being grossly neglectful. Children are largely more able to bounce back from trauma then adults are. Yet medical aid is still very very important. If a case occurred where a young teen was raped in full view of friends who took no action other then to laugh and point, the psychological aid and care would be even more important. I doubt any reasonable person would disagree.

Theres far too many things missing in the story about teen girl fake raped by classmates while rest of class saw it as no big deal. And parents & school authorities took no action to render psychiatric aid to the girl immediately with close watch on her for extended time after the event took place?

Some people do commit suicide after being violently raped despite being under psychatric care and watch afterwards. Such suicides are in the minority however. If the story about fake raped girl commited suicide is as poster wants us to believe. Then why the hell has no one questioned what medical aid was given? Including poster who says they have yrs in psych field? Why am I the only person who sees somethings wrong? Very few victims young or old of actual violent rape commit suicide. Irregardless of wether that rape was heterosexual or homosexual. In the story abot fake rape by teens on a teen, there is no way possible under any condition that the event went unknown to any but the victim and perpetuators. If the school and parents did not get her to doctors care pronto theyre guilty of gross neglect that contributed to the girl commiting suicide. Who disagrees and why?

• Members

Originally posted by Darkstorm

Are in the minority. Very few violent rape victims commit suicide. Though a large percentage do suffer great psychological distress. Few commit suicide. When a child is violently raped its the responsibility of the parents and other adult authorities to make sure that child receives immediate attention and aid both physical & mental. Otherwise those adult and parents are being grossly neglectful. Children are largely more able to bounce back from trauma then adults are. Yet medical aid is still very very important. If a case occurred where a young teen was raped in full view of friends who took no action other then to laugh and point, the psychological aid and care would be even more important. I doubt any reasonable person would disagree.

Theres far too many things missing in the story about teen girl fake raped by classmates while rest of class saw it as no big deal. And parents & school authorities took no action to render psychiatric aid to the girl immediately with close watch on her for extended time after the event took place?

Some people do commit suicide after being violently raped despite being under psychatric care and watch afterwards. Such suicides are in the minority however. If the story about fake raped girl commited suicide is as poster wants us to believe. Then why the hell has no one questioned what medical aid was given? Including poster who says they have yrs in psych field? Why am I the only person who sees somethings wrong? Very few victims young or old of actual violent rape commit suicide. Irregardless of wether that rape was heterosexual or homosexual. In the story abot fake rape by teens on a teen, there is no way possible under any condition that the event went unknown to any but the victim and perpetuators. If the school and parents did not get her to doctors care pronto theyre guilty of gross neglect that contributed to the girl commiting suicide. Who disagrees and why?

Cut your losses man! :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Darkstorm

Theres far too many things missing in the story about teen girl fake raped by classmates while rest of class saw it as no big deal.

There are far too many things missing, but you're perfectly confident saying the things you have?

You've moved from merely offensive and ill-conceived to (explicitly) unfounded and internally inconsistant...

Congratulations...

• Members

Why are you so hellbent on shifting blame away from the students who acted and those who watched? First you blame the girl (and question her psychic make up) then question the lack of medical response (which would contradict your eariler point). Seems like you want to blame anyone but the culprits. Give it up.

• Members

Originally posted by Jugghaid

The only person responsible for a suicide is the person who kills themself.

Yes, in the same way that drug dealers aren't responsible for overdoses.

It's entirely possible to agree with this point of view. It only takes a good pair of blinkers to narrow your view of the landscape.

• Members

Lots of victims are consumed by shame, ESPECIALLY when they are confronted by the Darkstorms of the world who would have them believe that they did it to themselves.

I agree, she shouldn't have killed herself, but I wasn't there to tell her that, and apparently nobody in her family was, either.

C7

• Members

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

Yes, in the same way that drug dealers aren't responsible for overdoses.

It's entirely possible to agree with this point of view. It only takes a good pair of blinkers to narrow your view of the landscape.

Drug dealers are not responsible for overdoses. Any more than vineyards are responsible for alcohol poisoning or drunk driving. The only difference is one is legal.

And if my view of the landscape is narrowed to the point where I accept responsibility for my own actions rather than blame them on someone else, then I'm fine with that. I havent' seen too many drug dealers FORCING people to take drugs. They do that all on their own.

• Members

Originally posted by Jugghaid

Drug dealers are not responsible for overdoses. Any more than vineyards are responsible for alcohol poisoning or drunk driving. The only difference is one is legal.

And if my view of the landscape is narrowed to the point where I accept responsibility for my own actions rather than blame them on someone else, then I'm fine with that. I havent' seen too many drug dealers FORCING people to take drugs. They do that all on their own.

Yes, but this girl didn't choose to be sexually assaulted...She didn't decide "I'm going to go have some traumatic experience today"...

She chose to commit suicide, but to compare her experience to that of a junkie who overdoses is flawed...Drug Dealers don't usually force themselves on people, these sexual assaulters did...

• Members

Originally posted by King Kashue

Yes, but this girl didn't choose to be sexually assaulted...She didn't decide "I'm going to go have some traumatic experience today"...

She chose to commit suicide, but to compare her experience to that of a junkie who overdoses is flawed...Drug Dealers don't usually force themselves on people, these sexual assaulters did...

I agree. But the decision to commit suicide was still hers and hers alone. The whole thing is very sad, and I'd like to have those 5 {censored}heads alone in a room.

Archived