Will Fender Make a Modeling Bass?

Zadillo

• Members

Yes! A modeling fender bass that can do both P sounds and J sounds.

Ask yourself, do you want the 63 J sound, or the 67 J sound? At the click of a knob you can switch back and forth all gig!

Audience member "I could have sworn that sounded like a 57 P bass earlier, but he hasn't switched basses and now it sounds like a 59!"

:confused:

:D

• Members

Ask yourself, do you want the 63 J sound, or the 67 J sound? At the click of a knob you can switch back and forth all gig!

Audience member "I could have sworn that sounded like a 57 P bass earlier, but he hasn't switched basses and now it sounds like a 59!"

:D :D :D

• Members

:D :D

• Members

I think fender would implode having to choose between a J or a P pickup for the moddling bass. :D

Stupid idea imho.

At least the variax bass had Gibson, Hofner, and a whole load of other bass tones. For me fender do P-bass and J-bass. I probably couldn't hear the difference that much between a simulted 60 or a 90's fender.

I can see why it is appealing to guitarists, and it will probably be sucsessful. But for bass (just my opinion remeber, not an experts) it would flop.

• Members

I think fender would implode having to choose between a J or a P pickup for the moddling bass.

Stupid idea imho.

At least the variax bass had Gibson, Hofner, and a whole load of other bass tones. For me fender do P-bass and J-bass. I probably couldn't hear the difference that much between a simulted 60 or a 90's fender.

I can see why it is appealing to guitarists, and it will probably be sucsessful. But for bass (just my opinion remeber, not an experts) it would flop.

Just to clarify, Fender isn't actually making a modelling bass. They are making a modelling Strat (The VG Strat I linked to above). I was just posting to see if anyone thought Fender might make a bass equivalent to it.

Since the VG Strat includes a modelled strat, a modelled tele, a humbucker and an acoustic, I would assume there'd be at least some more variety if Fender did make such an instruement. The other interesting thing I see about the VG Strat is the "tunings" knob that lets you switch on the fly to different tunings.

-Zadillo

• Members

Just to clarify, Fender isn't actually making a modelling bass. They are making a modelling Strat (The VG Strat I linked to above). I was just posting to see if anyone thought Fender might make a bass equivalent to it.

Since the VG Strat includes a modelled strat, a modelled tele, a humbucker and an acoustic, I would assume there'd be at least some more variety if Fender did make such an instruement. The other interesting thing I see about the VG Strat is the "tunings" knob that lets you switch on the fly to different tunings.

-Zadillo

That "tunings" control does sound cool. Does Variax already do that?

Fender probably will make a bass equivelant. I just don't think it will be as sucsessful as the bass. But I don't know that much about market potential. I just know I wouldn't buy it.

• Members

A modelling fender guitar or bass does sound rather silly to me. In position 10 gives the sustain loss of the lousy neck joint of the 70s along with the thinner sound of vintage trem complete with electronic simulations of that ere's trems poor tuning stability!

• Members

Hmmm...

Fender might be on to something here. If they can make a bass that sounds like a Precision Bass...

and
like A Jazz Bass...

They could revolutionize the bass guitar as we know it!
:eek:

maybe it would only have j/p switch, and a blend knob controlling the two.

• Members

That "tunings" control does sound cool. Does Variax already do that?

Fender probably will make a bass equivelant. I just don't think it will be as sucsessful as the bass. But I don't know that much about market potential. I just know I wouldn't buy it.

The Variax doesn't have a specific knob for alternate tunings, as far as I know. However, with the Variax Workbench software I believe you can modify the models to have alternate tunings, etc.

-Zadillo

Archived