Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Fender Make a Modeling Bass?

Just saw this over on the Electric Guitar forum:

http://www.fender.com/vgstrat/home.html

Makes me wonder if Fender will make a similar "modeling" bass?

most likely they will, just like Line 6 brought out a Variax Bass a while after the guitar version
    GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS, CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY!

Comment

Yes! A modeling fender bass that can do both P sounds and J sounds.

Ask yourself, do you want the 63 J sound, or the 67 J sound? At the click of a knob you can switch back and forth all gig!

Audience member "I could have sworn that sounded like a 57 P bass earlier, but he hasn't switched basses and now it sounds like a 59!"

Whenever I'm walking home in the dark and afraid that a psycho might attack me, I use reverse psychology and convince myself that I am the psycho. - Rowka

Comment

Ask yourself, do you want the 63 J sound, or the 67 J sound? At the click of a knob you can switch back and forth all gig!

Audience member "I could have sworn that sounded like a 57 P bass earlier, but he hasn't switched basses and now it sounds like a 59!"

http://www.librah.com

Fender Precision Antiguaburst
        Squier JV Jazz
        Lado Falcon II
        Nadjalin Custom 5str
        Hamer 2TEK Cruisebass
        Ibanez 2352B
        Various parts P-J bass
        Warwick Buzzard NT

Comment

President of the HCBF "DEATH TO FALSE METAL!" ClubOriginally posted by Burdizzos- What's the difference between B-Bottom and a Dildo?A dildo was good enough to be in Phoenix Rizin'

Comment

Actually Fender makes two modeling basses. One is a dead ringer for a P-bass and the other sounds exactly like a J-bass.

Comment

I think fender would implode having to choose between a J or a P pickup for the moddling bass.

Stupid idea imho.

At least the variax bass had Gibson, Hofner, and a whole load of other bass tones. For me fender do P-bass and J-bass. I probably couldn't hear the difference that much between a simulted 60 or a 90's fender.

I can see why it is appealing to guitarists, and it will probably be sucsessful. But for bass (just my opinion remeber, not an experts) it would flop.
              Clever/dumb balance restored!
              My band - Contact Lost - Take a listen, our entire album can be heard on our myspace
              I also play backing for Iona Bain
              House of Rock Promotions

Trusty Budget Gear:
              Stagg BM350: Humbuckers powerful enough to pick up a heartbeat!
              Squier VM Fretless: Mwah!
              BC Rich Warlock: For when the funk calls!
              Ashdown EB 180-15

Originally Posted by Jugghaid

There's a big difference between a revolutionary and a reckless, self-absorbed dumbass.

Comment

I think fender would implode having to choose between a J or a P pickup for the moddling bass.

Stupid idea imho.

At least the variax bass had Gibson, Hofner, and a whole load of other bass tones. For me fender do P-bass and J-bass. I probably couldn't hear the difference that much between a simulted 60 or a 90's fender.

I can see why it is appealing to guitarists, and it will probably be sucsessful. But for bass (just my opinion remeber, not an experts) it would flop.

Just to clarify, Fender isn't actually making a modelling bass. They are making a modelling Strat (The VG Strat I linked to above). I was just posting to see if anyone thought Fender might make a bass equivalent to it.

Since the VG Strat includes a modelled strat, a modelled tele, a humbucker and an acoustic, I would assume there'd be at least some more variety if Fender did make such an instruement. The other interesting thing I see about the VG Strat is the "tunings" knob that lets you switch on the fly to different tunings.

-Zadillo

Comment

Just to clarify, Fender isn't actually making a modelling bass. They are making a modelling Strat (The VG Strat I linked to above). I was just posting to see if anyone thought Fender might make a bass equivalent to it.

Since the VG Strat includes a modelled strat, a modelled tele, a humbucker and an acoustic, I would assume there'd be at least some more variety if Fender did make such an instruement. The other interesting thing I see about the VG Strat is the "tunings" knob that lets you switch on the fly to different tunings.

-Zadillo

That "tunings" control does sound cool. Does Variax already do that?

Fender probably will make a bass equivelant. I just don't think it will be as sucsessful as the bass. But I don't know that much about market potential. I just know I wouldn't buy it.
                  Clever/dumb balance restored!
                  My band - Contact Lost - Take a listen, our entire album can be heard on our myspace
                  I also play backing for Iona Bain
                  House of Rock Promotions

Trusty Budget Gear:
                  Stagg BM350: Humbuckers powerful enough to pick up a heartbeat!
                  Squier VM Fretless: Mwah!
                  BC Rich Warlock: For when the funk calls!
                  Ashdown EB 180-15

Originally Posted by Jugghaid

There's a big difference between a revolutionary and a reckless, self-absorbed dumbass.

Comment

the strat is kool but im agreeing with everyone else, bass ver isnt gona fly that great
                    Originally Posted by Kindess
                    There are many reasons to like bassdudeguy (starting with the name), but that hair is my favorite reason.

Originally posted by The Ox
                    Holy ****************, you're actually correcting someone's spelling!

Originnaly posted by C7
                    Yo I got NO BEEF with bassdudeguy.

It's because of his hair. Any other guy in my position would be jealous as **************** of that Flowing Mane of Magnitude, but this pimp doesn't seethe with envy on a brother that's in it to win it.

Comment

A modelling fender guitar or bass does sound rather silly to me. In position 10 gives the sustain loss of the lousy neck joint of the 70s along with the thinner sound of vintage trem complete with electronic simulations of that ere's trems poor tuning stability!
                      Life for its own carnal pleasure.Synths: Novation KS4 & Maudio Venom. Guitar: BC Rich It Warlock.. Bass: BC Rich Warlock. Sight: Aerial lasers by Omnisistem & Chauvet,. Geometric lasers by Extreme.

Comment

Hmmm...

Fender might be on to something here. If they can make a bass that sounds like a Precision Bass...

and like A Jazz Bass...

They could revolutionize the bass guitar as we know it!
                        Matt

Thumper Sucks so bad I consider him my protégé-Lug
                        Funniest Comment than might get your ass whupped-King Kashue
                        Attention Whore-T-broom
                        I can fix that with a hammer-Jannda
                        Can you ban Thumper next?-BOALG
                        grossest 'almost hit on' post towards another forumite ever! award-Sugarskull
                        Post hoc, ergo propter Thumper, the Forum Slayer.-The Lurker

Comment

Hmmm...

Fender might be on to something here. If they can make a bass that sounds like a Precision Bass...

and like A Jazz Bass...

They could revolutionize the bass guitar as we know it!

maybe it would only have j/p switch, and a blend knob controlling the two.
                          Originally Posted by rhino55

hi.flyer is to banjo as gennation is to fat whores

Comment

That "tunings" control does sound cool. Does Variax already do that?

Fender probably will make a bass equivelant. I just don't think it will be as sucsessful as the bass. But I don't know that much about market potential. I just know I wouldn't buy it.

The Variax doesn't have a specific knob for alternate tunings, as far as I know. However, with the Variax Workbench software I believe you can modify the models to have alternate tunings, etc.

-Zadillo

Comment

Working...
                            X