headphone practice amp?

groutt

• Members

If I'd pay more attention, I'd probably know this already.

I'd like a small and REALLY CHEAP headphone practice amp that has an input for an mp3 player or some such. Don't care too much about tone or modeling, but a little overdrive would be nice.

I'd go for a Pandora, especially since it's Lug-Approved, but I'm looking for something really cheap.

• Members

If I'd pay more attention, I'd probably know this already.

I'd like a small and REALLY CHEAP headphone practice amp that has an input for an mp3 player or some such. Don't care too much about tone or modeling, but a little overdrive would be nice.

I'd go for a Pandora, especially since it's Lug-Approved, but I'm looking for something really cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-Pandora-PX3B-bass-multi-effect-processor-w-manual_W0QQitemZ230079603806QQihZ013QQcategoryZ41419QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

recent "finish" prices on da Bay

$57

$46

$62

• Members

If you can find a good deal on a Pandora PX4D, I highly recommend it. I picked one up, and it has been a real godsend to be able to just plug my bass into it and practice along without having to carry an amp along with me. The built in metronome and rhythm patterns and tuner and stuff are also nice, and cut down on the number of other gadgets I have to keep with me. I think it's worth the extra money personally.

• Members

recent "finish" prices on da Bay

$57

$46

$62

I agree man. I recently got one and couldn't be happier. The batteries are lasting forever, there are probably 10 presets that I actually use (always a surprise with these things) and it has useable drum tracks.

Yo.

• Members

C-Tech Pocket Rock-It. There are different models, I have the Pro, which has an aux in, headphone jack, clean/overdrive/distortion switch, and chorus. It is very small, even smaller than the Smokey amp, and doesn't even need a cable, it plugs directly into your input jack. It has a swivel to work with either side or top mounted jacks, and it sounds GREAT. Works off one 9V battery.

If you want lots of additional features, the Korg PX series and Zoom PS series have them but are more expensive.

Archived