OT: Crazy onstage costume idea...

der oxenrig

• Members

I was browsing costumes online the other day, when I came across this evil jester costume.

Now normally, I wouldn't like something like this. But I remember seeing Jeffery Hammond-Hammond wearing a striped suit, and playing a striped P-bass in Tull, and this reminded me of it, except it'd take it one step further: checkers instead of stripes. :idea:

So I took a picture of a JetGlo Ric, put it in Paint Shop Pro 7, and roughly "refinished" it in a black & white checkerboard finish:

checkerboardric.jpg

(I think the Ric would look better with black hardware, don't you?)

And combined together, it'd look something like this:

eviljesterwithric.jpg

I obviously wouldn't have the cane, and probably wouldn't wear the mask or hat (although checkered facepaint on one side, and black on the other would look cool :idea:).

Is this idea too ridiculous, or is it just crazy enough for a good costume?!?

• Members

says the guy in the hawaiin shirt:mad:
;):D

My story about the hawaiian shirt...

Lead vocalist of that band said he wanted us to all wear black...all black...black pants, black shirts, black shoes. HE on the other hand was going to change shirts at different points in the sets to go along with certain songs. I told him he was full of {censored} and that I was going to wear a hawaiian print shirt. He told me that he wouldn't sing if I wore that. Since he was being an ass...and eventually quit before we ever played a gig...I decided that just in case he decided to come back, I was going to establish what I was going to wear just so he wouldn't come back! LOL

• Members

I'm all for stage costumes, "just playing" isn't what makes bands great.

However, that get-up is a little too cheesy.

Now, if you could have a tailor make you a suit similar to that, it would be hot. Especially if your guitar player wore the complementing design. Hell, if you guys are close to the same size, you could by two cheap suits and create the look.

That said, just get a couple of regular, classy looking three piece suits.

If you were wearing a black suit with a white shirt it would look hot with your black Ric. A white suit would look even better, but you wouldn't want to copy me, now would you? ;)

• Members

My story about the hawaiian shirt...

Lead vocalist of that band said he wanted us to all wear black...all black...black pants, black shirts, black shoes. HE on the other hand was going to change shirts at different points in the sets to go along with certain songs. I told him he was full of {censored} and that I was going to wear a hawaiian print shirt. He told me that he wouldn't sing if I wore that. Since he was being an ass...and eventually quit before we ever played a gig...I decided that just in case he decided to come back, I was going to establish what I was going to wear just so he wouldn't come back! LOL

He must have thought he was the band leader:blah: I bet he helped out loading and unloading the van and helped set up the equipment too:rolleyes:

Jimmy Buffet style

I like it:thu:

• Members

I'm all for stage costumes, "just playing" isn't what makes bands great.

However, that get-up is a little too cheesy.

Now, if you could have a tailor make you a suit similar to that, it would be hot. Especially if your guitar player wore the complementing design. Hell, if you guys are close to the same size, you could by two cheap suits and create the look.

That said, just get a couple of regular, classy looking three piece suits.

If you were wearing a black suit with a white shirt it would look hot with your black Ric. A white suit would look even better, but you wouldn't want to copy me, now would you?
;)

My Ric is Midnight Blue... I'd have to buy another Ric in JetGlo to do this. :p

And yes, I plan on buying a white suit with a black shirt and a white hat to go with my blue Ric. :cool:

• Members

Even Pantera found out that once they droped the spandex and went with Jeans, Tee shirts and KICK ASS MUSIC it was all that they needed. No gimmix, Music that worth a damn will stand on it's on, even if you just ware a sock on you willy(Red Hot Chilly Peppers anyone. LOL. ):D

• Members

Even Pantera found out that once they droped the spandex and went with Jeans, Tee shirts and KICK ASS MUSIC it was all that they needed. No gimmix, Music that worth a damn will stand on it's on, even if you just ware a sock on you willy(Red Hot Chilly Peppers anyone. LOL. )
:D

Nah man, Pantera only got big when Rex started wearing that leg brace-bandage .:D

• Members

Even Pantera found out that once they droped the spandex and went with Jeans, Tee shirts and KICK ASS MUSIC it was all that they needed. No gimmix, Music that worth a damn will stand on it's on, even if you just ware a sock on you willy(Red Hot Chilly Peppers anyone. LOL. )
:D

True, but consider this: When bands like Pantera, Metallica, etc. wore plain clothes and gave the impression they were just like the fans (which they were) couldn't that be considered a gimmick? ;)

Just something to think about.

Archived