Jam Band bassists

pianoman01

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, there are a few jammy bassists on here, but not a whole lot. The genre is so bloated right now that everything from bluegrass, to afro-cuban funk gets tossed in, which is kind of annoying. I may have never have gotten into bass playing if it hadn

• Members

Oteil Burbridge: Karl Denison, Aquarium rescue Unit, Vida Blue, Alman Brothers

potw(36).jpg

He put on a bass clinic just down the road from here last weekend, and I didn't even hear about it until after it happened. :mad:

• Members

I already put Ryan Stasik up on the first post.

Can Widespread Panic be considered a jam band? I like them and everything, but I've never heard them actually jam. The live stuf I've heard is never more than 7-8 minutes a song.

• Members

Can Widespread Panic be considered a jam band? I like them and everything, but I've never heard them actually jam. The live stuf I've heard is never more than 7-8 minutes a song.

You put Stasik up? I swore I must have scrolled right past it until I saw Catphish's post.

I consider Widespread a jam band. Check out some more of their live stuff. I saw them at Red Rocks and it was pretty awesome. They definitely jam.

• Members

:confused: Have you ever seen them? They actually jam out on songs for quite a while live. There are a lot of bands in the jam band scene where the cd's they release have nice, concise 4, 5, 6 min songs, yet live the jam for 10- 20 min on the same songs. Umphrey's and Widespread are both do this.

• Members

I have Panic in the Streets.

They shoudn't release jam-less live album's like that. I have live Gov't Mule, Phish, and Umphrey's material, and they all have extensive jams.

If you can give me specific video or audio of Panic jamming, please do so.

• Members

Ryan didn't show up in your post for me this morning, but i see him now...

Yes, I'd say panic is a jam band, More so than, say, hot buttered rum (string band) and they get lumped on in.

Archived