How old were you when you graduated from college?

More Cowbell

• Members

I just finished one level of schooling, and onto the next. I'm hoping to be about 25 when I finish.......but I feel old. And studying = no time for music, these days. I haven't played my bass in months. It's summer, and I'm working full-time and taking more part-time school courses.

Maybe I should just be a rock star?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

24 for me. It's not that old. I can't pretend to know what it's like in the land of the igloo, but here in the states, I'm not sure that 4 years and done is an expected norm for college anymore. T-Broom and some of the other college profs here may be able to better answer that question.

• Members

My wife is 23 and she basically just started over again! She switched majors after 3 years, and most of the credits don't transfer over...so after 5 1/2 years of school she'll have an associates in social work. She could have a bachelors in teaching if she went back for 1 more semester though...she just didn't like it enough. She will get that too...I'm going to make her!

• Members

I just finished one level of schooling, and onto the next. I'm hoping to be about 25 when I finish.......but I feel old. And studying = no time for music, these days. I haven't played my bass in months. It's summer, and I'm working full-time and taking more part-time school courses.

I'm kinda finished... I received my BA in 2006, and now I'm a member of the workforce. However, I'd really like to go back and get a masters at some point. I'm 23, hope to do freelance video work until I'm 24 or 25 (doing that now), then head to school to get an MA in either film studies or telecommunications. I'll be 26 or 27 when I'm completely done.

• Members

24. I earned an AS from the local community college, then took about a year to work, and finished up a BS at a different college in about 2 1/2 years. Then it really got hard to find the time to play bass!

• Members

I was 23. I transfered schools twice and still graduated in 4 years.

My wife is 30 and just finished her master's degree. now she is starting her PsyD. Her formal education should be wrapped up when she is ~35. Then she can start her career :D

• Moderators
I was 23. I transfered schools twice and still graduated in 4 years.

My wife is 30 and just finished her master's degree. now she is starting her PsyD. Her formal education should be wrapped up when she is ~35. Then she can start her career
:D

Sallie Mae will appreciate that, too.:lol:

• Members

Dude, I didn't even start 'til I was 24. I'm 26 now, and still have 1 1/2 years left. Then, law school. You ain't old.

• Members

I just turned 23 when I graduated from college in '99, after 4.5 years.

A good friend of mine graduated in '94, and then screwed around at the community college for three years before dropping out, moving to California (and back) and working in the real world. Met his wife, turned his career path round, went back to school and graduated top of his class last year. He now teaches 3rd grade.

Don't worry about age. If you need time to do other things and come back and finish, do it. Just finish it; there's no race to get out at a certain time. All that waits for you after college is usually a job.

• Members

36. Best thing I ever stuck with. I handled a full time job and played in a band all at the same time. I got about 3 to 4 hours sleep a night for a few years. Engineering is good to me - and my family. I can buy toys almost any time I want.

• Members

Community College: 20

BS: 22

Worked 1 year

MS: 27

Worked 3 years

Now I'm in a PhD program and should be done next year (hopefully!) at 35.

I had to set aside the bass a few years when school took a lot of time. Now is one of those years, unfortunately.

• Members

I was 27 when I got my BS. I started when I was 24. I was able to get some life-experience credit from SIU (Southern Illinois University @ Carbondale where I graduated from) and coupled with being very good at test-taking (CLEP), I completed my BS in 2.5 years while working full-time, getting married, and having a child.

Since I teach at a two-year school, I'm guessing our average age is skewed abit. At last check, our average student is ~31 years old.

Archived