HELP!!! Need to convert .wmv to Quicktime

chubrocker

• Members

I created two .wmv movies from Movie Maker for Faculty Follies ( I work at a college). Tonight was dress rehearsal and NOW they tell me its a Mac system. First off, I thought Mac could read a .wmv file. Guess Not.

SOOOOOOOOO, I have two movies I've spent about two full days creating that they can't read. I've found a couple of free converters online, but thought I'd inquire here.

What's the best approach to do this???

• Members

What kind of turnaround do you need? I have a Mac at work with Compressor and Flip4Mac that I could possibly convert something for you.

Also, they could possibly install Flip4Mac player, which is free, which works as a

Quicktime plugin of sorts and allows a Mac to read WMV files. Download the free player here.

If you do Flip4Mac, be sure to test it before the show, as you should always do.

Dustin

• Members

Yeah, Flip4Mac is what you want. Also, if you want to create a Quicktime file, The combination of Flip4Mac and QuicktimePro (about $30) is excellent. Flip4Mac will automatically open the file as a QT then you can export it as a .mov or .mpg, or whatever.

• 8 years later...

Archived