410 vs. 115

wfunder

• Members

Hey

I have a GK Backline 600 amp and a Peavey 1820 cabinet. However, the cabinet is just too much of a hassle. It's loud...but that's about it. I can't move it around by myself, I can barely get it in and out of the car by myself, etc. I recently bought a GK 210BLX cabinet for practice and small gigs because it's very portable and sounds great.

I'm selling my Peavey cabinet and I want to add either a GK 410BLX or a GK 115BLX to my 210 cabinet. I've played through both and I like the deep bass of the 115, but I also like the punch of the 410. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or advice on which one would be better.

Thanks

• Members

Hey

I have a GK Backline 600 amp and a Peavey 1820 cabinet. However, the cabinet is just too much of a hassle. It's loud...but that's about it. I can't move it around by myself, I can barely get it in and out of the car by myself, etc. I recently bought a GK 210BLX cabinet for practice and small gigs because it's very portable and sounds great.

I'm selling my Peavey cabinet and I want to add either a GK 410BLX or a GK 115BLX to my 210 cabinet. I've played through both and I like the deep bass of the 115, but I also like the punch of the 410. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or advice on which one would be better.

Thanks

Typically, a 410 will be louder than a 115, and in my experience, most will sound deeper, too... My main gigging rig these days is a 210 on top of a 410 which I believe to be quite versatile - I can use the 210 for quieter stuff, or stack it on the 410 when I want to crush... I'd recommend that approach...

- georgestrings

• Members

I used a 1x15 for years & it got the job done, then I bought a 4x10 & thought "Ah! that's why every body is lugging these things around...". Just get whatever you can afford at the time; it's a good excuse to buy more stuff later...

I dig the way a 1x15 cab on top of a 4x10 cab sounds (all the more reason to buy more gear...).

• Members

I use a 410 with a 15, but going to get a 210 to go with the 15. IMHO it is a lil easier to move around. If you feel what you are using is too much to move around then unless you spend some real change you are going to be in the same boat with the 410s. 410s sound good, but a good 15 will give you the bottom that you need and the 210s will take care of the highs and mids. I use a GK 800rb and I bi-amp my setup, and when i have a small gig I use the 15 as a stand alone, it has a tweeter so i have a balance sound IMHO. The 15 is a Yorkville xc115, and the 410s is a Hartke vx410, changing to a Yorkville xc210

• Members

I use a 1x 15 and a 4x10

It sounds sweet with my GK 800rb

I play the same amp through an Avatar 4x10. What cabs are you playing? Does the 15 give you a deeper tone? I would like just a little more punch and growl on the low end for our harder songs.

• Members

I would mention to upgrade to the SBX cabs, they handle loud volumes much better and will work better in the long run if you upgrade you head. I would say get the 410, then add th 115. The GK SBX 410 has more of an agressive sound. They both get loud, and they look cool together:

Amp.jpg

• Members

Both!

ehe

well maybe 210+115

I've recently gone back to this. My 1x12 monitor blew and I needed to go back to a regular cab and used my 1x15 for a few shows and I'm loving having the full range on stage again. Back to a Trace Elliott 1x15 and SWR 2x10. Give really good definition, if a little bit much to bring to every show. I think I'll just bring the 1x15 to most shows as it does a good job on its own.

brig.jpg

Archived