Chorus pedals?

takeout

• Members

Original 18v Danelectro Cool Cat. The new ones are 9v and don't sound as "cool", pun intended. It gives me a very Peter Hook kind of sound which is great because I love New Order.

+1. I have the 18v version with the adaptor (which is really hard to find nowadays). I originally bought it years ago for a guitarist friends' birthday present; he was a metal-head, so I figured a chorus pedal would be a nice change. Anyway, I had a couple of weeks until the party and since I was doing a 70's review at the theme park, I used it until the party.

And then at the party, he just got a birthday card.

• Members

CEB-3 guys....I bought one a couple months ago and find I'm having trouble dialing in something I like....

I'm using it with my fretless jazz in an acoustic or soft rock context....

what kind of music do you play and what settings do you use...

a69d_1.JPG

• Members

CEB-3 guys....I bought one a couple months ago and find I'm having trouble dialing in something I like....

I'm using it with my fretless jazz in an acoustic or soft rock context....

what kind of music do you play and what settings do you use...

a69d_1.JPG

I play anything and everything. At the moment just for myself.

What problems are you having?

I vary the settings depending on what bass I'm using. For my fretless I'd usually have the effect level at 12 o' clock, dial in the low filter to a sound I like, rate at about 9 or 10 o' clock and depth at 12 or 1. :)

For fretted I usually go bump up the depth a good bit and also the effect level.

• Members

I used to use (what an ugly way to start a sentence) an Ibanez bass chorus, one of those soundtank series. I got it for peanuts and it sounded great... when it was ON. The bypass sucked out too much of my clean tone.

Now I use an Electro-Harmonix Small Clone (the big ones). It's great... it has a different flavor, it's not subtile and it doesn't sound like other choruses. You either like it or hate it I guess. I love mine.

• Members

Original 18v Danelectro Cool Cat. The new ones are 9v and don't sound as "cool", pun intended. It gives me a very Peter Hook kind of sound which is great because I love New Order.

Ding! Ding! we have a winner. I went thru several chorus units, and found this to be most to my liking. That said, however, I never use it, as my current band has no need for it...

• Members

i had a boss bass chorus (CEB-3, IIRC) and didn't care much for it. swapped it out for an ibanez soundtank series, and was much happier.

still have the ibby come to think of it. probably the second longest-term bit of gear i've ever owned...

hey didn't i sell that to you, many years ago?? Must be some kinda world record in there somewhere...

Archived