No announcement yet.

Chorus pedals?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chorus pedals?

What are we liking these days on bass? I've been listening to a lot of 80's lately, and I kinda miss that sound.
    Removed your Fender Precision S-1 switch? I want it. PM me.

Hundred Years War.
    The Secret Club.
    Jackie Carol.

I've got the Boss CEB-3 and I like it.

Comment

I've got a CEB-3 also, I love it. I play a good bit of 80's stuff and it works really well.

Comment

I use a Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus. It sounds really good. Very similar to the Analog Man Clone Chorus, but cheaper. No low end loss either...if anything, it adds some.
        Modulus Mob #2

GK 2001 RB : Ampeg SVP-Pro : Ampeg SVP-CL : Crest CA4 : GB STL 900 : Mesa Walkabout
        Bag End S15D : Bag End S15XD : Aguilar GS112 (2)
        G&L ASAT : Sadowsky NYC PJ5 : Modulus Q5 : EBMM SR4 : Warwick Thumb 5 BO : Yamaha ATT-LTD II

bassgirl9's Wah ha ha! best post of the day award. 2/12/08

Comment

I like my EBS.
          Man har kun det skæg man selv sidder på.

Comment

WINNER OF THE BONOMAN POST OF THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF HCBF!!! 08/22/2007

Winner of the King Kashue Best topical picture *EVAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR* Award.

You are the only person who has clothes I envy. - D Aussie

http://www.myspace.com/drowka

Fire Sale! Everything must go!
            New Lower Prices!!!!
            Ibanez ATK300RSP BK-$599
            NS CRM4 -$1799

Comment

i had a boss bass chorus (CEB-3, IIRC) and didn't care much for it. swapped it out for an ibanez soundtank series, and was much happier.

still have the ibby come to think of it. probably the second longest-term bit of gear i've ever owned...
              Smash The State!

Now shipping, "Just the Tip" our very very DIY demo. Hit meh if you're interested.

Comment

Not really a chorus pedal per say, but I use the detune function on my Whammy II and it makes a real nice chorus sound to me
                Official Member #7 - HCBF Mesa Brigade

Pics of cool Basses:
                2000 EBMM Stingray 5H Natural/Maple Pic
                2001 EBMM Stingray 5HH custom Black/RW Pic
                MTD Kingston KZ5 Fretless Pic
                2004 MIA Modified Fender Jazz Bass Pic

Teh Rig: Mesa Big Block 750 + 2xMesa Powerhouse 4x10's Pic

My Band:
                Claymation Horror Show

Comment

Oh...that's you're answer for everything!
                  Modulus Mob #2

GK 2001 RB : Ampeg SVP-Pro : Ampeg SVP-CL : Crest CA4 : GB STL 900 : Mesa Walkabout
                  Bag End S15D : Bag End S15XD : Aguilar GS112 (2)
                  G&L ASAT : Sadowsky NYC PJ5 : Modulus Q5 : EBMM SR4 : Warwick Thumb 5 BO : Yamaha ATT-LTD II

bassgirl9's Wah ha ha! best post of the day award. 2/12/08

Comment

Analogman Bi.Chorus

I like the EBS as well, but need two to get both a chorus and flange sound.

The A-Man gets it done.
                    #NoLimitCornballBrother

BRO CLUB: RSBro

Originally Posted by Phrophus

Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.

Originally Posted by Holy War

I thought you were black for some reason...

Originally Posted by Murdoch

Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.

Originally Posted by jnurp

im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

Comment

Original 18v Danelectro Cool Cat. The new ones are 9v and don't sound as "cool", pun intended. It gives me a very Peter Hook kind of sound which is great because I love New Order.

Comment

...Ultra Chorus II, Empress, Clone Clone w/deep switch...
                        +Harmony deals: Wolfboy1, zygoat(2), jmgruber, NITEFLY182, DC_injecktilo, AngelofHop, LoneStarGuitar, Virex, Danne, cmog, SirJackdeFuzz, cdyrlund
                        +TGP deals: Platypus, TheWarmth, estringwalker, whoismarykelly, bluntage, nibus, jhx, LowWatt, Monkeyboy23, hipfan, chemical69, Ren5150, MotorCityMatamp, Last Nerve, Stevoreen, mrMix, Lintybits, DonneR, Ted Witcher, telecopter, Austin AL, David-R, Trotter, carltonh, onemind, Elliott DAmage, JoeC, IglooBass, LL1
                        No space for 10 +Talkbass deals, lol.

Comment

Original 18v Danelectro Cool Cat. The new ones are 9v and don't sound as "cool", pun intended. It gives me a very Peter Hook kind of sound which is great because I love New Order.

+1. I have the 18v version with the adaptor (which is really hard to find nowadays). I originally bought it years ago for a guitarist friends' birthday present; he was a metal-head, so I figured a chorus pedal would be a nice change. Anyway, I had a couple of weeks until the party and since I was doing a 70's review at the theme park, I used it until the party.

And then at the party, he just got a birthday card.
                          http://www.justmoody.com
                          Bass Musician Magazine - Articles I've written

OBM Proudly Endorses Black Cat Pedals, Gruv Gear, GHS Strings, Levi's Leather Gigbags & Straps, NS Design, Peterson Tuners, Phil Jones Bass amps, Visual Sound Effects, Warwick Basses and Westone Earplugs

Comment

CEB-3 guys....I bought one a couple months ago and find I'm having trouble dialing in something I like....

I'm using it with my fretless jazz in an acoustic or soft rock context....

what kind of music do you play and what settings do you use...

Music is expression of harmony in sound. Love is expression of harmony in life.

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

CEB-3 guys....I bought one a couple months ago and find I'm having trouble dialing in something I like....

I'm using it with my fretless jazz in an acoustic or soft rock context....

what kind of music do you play and what settings do you use...

I play anything and everything. At the moment just for myself.

What problems are you having?

I vary the settings depending on what bass I'm using. For my fretless I'd usually have the effect level at 12 o' clock, dial in the low filter to a sound I like, rate at about 9 or 10 o' clock and depth at 12 or 1.

For fretted I usually go bump up the depth a good bit and also the effect level.

Comment

Working...
                              X