Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I improve my bass playing skills?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I improve my bass playing skills?

Please help! I have been playing the bass guitar for about a year now...I can play okay..
    but I want to be good at it...How I can improve my skills?

Thanks...
    Electronic Recycling, E-Waste, Electronic Recyclers and others...

practice more
    GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS, CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY!

Comment

play.... and play.... and play..... and play...... and then play some more......

tell us more about yourself.... your influences, your main style, etc...
      "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

take lessons
        Please be our friend on Facebook. Click here, click like.

Comment

take lessons

+1

see sig

Let's get off our computers and go practice!!!meh
          Let's just face it...I can't Typw! BUT I do play upright bass better than you
          Emperor: HCBF Conklin owners club
          President: Warwick Fortress MasterMan owner's club
          Member: Aguilar DB751 owners club
          "...when Bassius answers your theory question, you damn well better listen to him now and think about it later..." -Chris-Dax
          Webcam lessons with me? PM me
          I can TAB anything you need $15/chart
          Bassius is a proud endorser of Aguilar Amps!!

Comment

Thanks..Got a friend and he is very good...but it's soooo hard to get lessons from him...It seems like he doesn't want to pass on his skills....
            Electronic Recycling, E-Waste, Electronic Recyclers and others...

Comment

You need to devote as much time daily as you can (and still have a life) to practicing.You need to take some lessons so you will know what to practice.You need to be patient.Everyone learns at a different rate.Not everyone is a prodigy. Stick with it and you will notice improvements along the way.I don't think I will ever be satisfied with the bass player that I am and I think most players feel that way so be prepared to practice for the rest of your life.

Comment

when i had only one year of playing i was terrible.... even more then now with almost 3
                "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Thanks..Got a friend and he is very good...but it's soooo hard to get lessons from him...It seems like he doesn't want to pass on his skills....

IME, you're better off taking lessons from a great teacher, as opposed to a great player. That's not to say they can't be both, but I've taken lessons from players who were top notch players but could teach worth a damn. You'll know a great teacher when you find one.
                  Please be our friend on Facebook. Click here, click like.

Comment

Give up....

uhhh wait... no....

Comment

Not every great player is a great teacher.

If you want to improve, take lessons with someone that's putting themselves out there as a teacher. It's likely that your friend would really like you to be a better player, he just doesn't know how to show you in an effective manner.

I am a decent bassist but I don't think I could give bass lessons. I'm not patient enough.
                      C7
                      Subliminal aggression - C7 has it. -Incubitabus

One time my gig bag and everything in it mysteriously got covered in urine while it was in my home. I want to blame the cats but my wife is crazy sometimes. -Davedblyoo

C7... HCBF's resident pompous dick with a claw hammer. -Hearafter
                      Winner!! T-Broom's Inaugural HCBF Funny MF Award 10/6/06
                      Winner!! Thumper's 'HCBF Gutter Poet' Award 6/17/07

"Oh my god...C7 You are so rock and roll, it's not even funny." -bassgirl9

Comment

I am a decent bassist but I don't think I could give bass lessons. I'm not patient enough.
                        C7

Really? I never would have guessed.

HCBF Amp Build: Kindness's Links

More about me:
                        Chicago Patent Attorney

Comment

Good players are rarely good teachers.

Go to a pro, and not your friend.
                          80s MIJ Jazz / Reverend JJ
                          Genz Benz GBE750 -> Avatar 410 Neo

Comment

Really? I never would have guessed.

I'm very patient with myself; I could build a ship in a shooter bottle. But with people, I have no patience. Especially for insolence.
                            C7
                            Subliminal aggression - C7 has it. -Incubitabus

One time my gig bag and everything in it mysteriously got covered in urine while it was in my home. I want to blame the cats but my wife is crazy sometimes. -Davedblyoo

C7... HCBF's resident pompous dick with a claw hammer. -Hearafter
                            Winner!! T-Broom's Inaugural HCBF Funny MF Award 10/6/06
                            Winner!! Thumper's 'HCBF Gutter Poet' Award 6/17/07

"Oh my god...C7 You are so rock and roll, it's not even funny." -bassgirl9

Comment

seriously though, take online lessons from Bassius if you can.
                              80s MIJ Jazz / Reverend JJ
                              Genz Benz GBE750 -> Avatar 410 Neo

Comment

Working...
                              X