Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

frunobulax

• Members

:thu: Very good movie. I like this one just as much (for other reasons, obviously :) ):

Elaine Dickinson:
There's an overheat in the core. Please analyze problem.

ROC:
There is no apparent overheat.

Elaine Dickinson:
Yes, there is, ROC. We read a core overheat. Repeat analysis.

ROC:
Analysis confirmed. All systems compute positive.

Elaine Dickinson:
Well, not from where I'm sitting, they don't!

ROC:
Look, Elaine. Cut the "not from where I'm sitting" {censored}. It must be a human error.

• Members

HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

HAL: It's called "Daisy."

HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

• Members

HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

HAL: It's called "Daisy."

HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

Man, that scene was absolutely {censored}ing amazing. That movie was amazing. I love Kubrick, but that movie is one of my all time favorites. I can't believe it premiered 40 years ago. He was way ahead of his time. :thu:

• Members

you must see this movie. now.

i saw it once, on my own, with the help of certain...enhancing agents. the projectionist mixed up the reels and showed the film out of sequence. talk about {censored}ed up.
:freak:

I'm surprised you didn't suffer any long-term effects...I can't imagine how {censored}ed up that movie would be out of sequence, let alone on "enhancing agents". Talk about a complete mind{censored}. :D

Archived