Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

40 years ago today, this was premiered.
    You added another useless post...who could ask for more? - BMAL
    I actually just realised what a dumb thread this is - bassaussie
    What a stupid thread. - bassaussie
    Tall Girl was everything a HCBF thread should be. - ivanthetrble
    Take care of yourself...and each other. - jerry springer

you have brave ballz of cast iron to fight the trog forces of haTE. - boy#152

and after you're finished, you say-
    Ooh, what a lovely teaparty

meh
    President of the HCBF "DEATH TO FALSE METAL!" ClubOriginally posted by Burdizzos- What's the difference between B-Bottom and a Dildo?A dildo was good enough to be in Phoenix Rizin'

Comment

Comment

I'm just wasting my time at work...sheesh. It's bad enough I have to be here in the first place, now I get crap from you guys about it too?
        Modulus Mob #2

GK 2001 RB : Ampeg SVP-Pro : Ampeg SVP-CL : Crest CA4 : GB STL 900 : Mesa Walkabout
        Bag End S15D : Bag End S15XD : Aguilar GS112 (2)
        G&L ASAT : Sadowsky NYC PJ5 : Modulus Q5 : EBMM SR4 : Warwick Thumb 5 BO : Yamaha ATT-LTD II

bassgirl9's Wah ha ha! best post of the day award. 2/12/08

Comment

One of the greatest movies ever.
          The sun's not yellow, it's chicken

Drinking too much coffee makes me a dickhead. So I drink 12 cups on my way to work - C7

Vintage Aug. 2001
          A very good year.

Comment

One of the greatest movies ever.

+1
            Had a director that actually even understood the concept of gravity.....REMARKABLE!
            Well, I'm not sure how much I can respect any man who takes Lug seriously - King Kashue
            Sucking like that is a gift. You couldn't recognize the genius of Suck if it sat on your face and farted. -S400
            You don't fix Lug's posts. Lug's posts fix you. - MrJoshua
            You can be my HCBF boyfriend forever. - Sugarskull

Comment

+1
              Had a director that actually even understood the concept of gravity.....REMARKABLE!

There are an awful lot of producers out there who also need to learn to understand the concept of levity.
              ‚Äč"The United States is in no sense founded upon Christian Doctrine." Article 11, Treaty of Tripoli, signed into law by President John Adams, June 10, 1797
              "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God." Thomas Jefferson
              "The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Very good movie. I like this one just as much (for other reasons, obviously ):

Elaine Dickinson: There's an overheat in the core. Please analyze problem.
                ROC: There is no apparent overheat.
                Elaine Dickinson: Yes, there is, ROC. We read a core overheat. Repeat analysis.
                ROC: Analysis confirmed. All systems compute positive.
                Elaine Dickinson: Well, not from where I'm sitting, they don't!
                ROC: Look, Elaine. Cut the "not from where I'm sitting" ****************. It must be a human error.
                My Band

"If my calculations are correct... when this baby hits 88 miles an hour... you're gonna see some serious s**t!"

I've been Bootsied:
                1/10/2005
                8/23/2005

Comment

HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

HAL: It's called "Daisy."

HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

Comment

HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

HAL: It's called "Daisy."

HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

Man, that scene was absolutely ****************ing amazing. That movie was amazing. I love Kubrick, but that movie is one of my all time favorites. I can't believe it premiered 40 years ago. He was way ahead of his time.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Professional Thread Derailer.

Resident Grammar/Spelling Nazi.

RyCLB uses various basses, guitars, amps, cables, and effects. Miller Light, Jager, Camel Lights, and Jameson Irish Whiskey are used exclusively.

Comment

President of the HCBF "DEATH TO FALSE METAL!" ClubOriginally posted by Burdizzos- What's the difference between B-Bottom and a Dildo?A dildo was good enough to be in Phoenix Rizin'

Comment

Are you going to post this in every thread but the pic thread?

oke:
                        "I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me."
                        --Abraham Simpson

Comment

Comment

I don't think I've seen that one.
                            Yea my hands are big.. and yes I'm the bass player.

Comment

you must see this movie. now.

i saw it once, on my own, with the help of certain...enhancing agents. the projectionist mixed up the reels and showed the film out of sequence. talk about ****************ed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X