OT: Good news!

RyCLB

• Members

So, I posted a thread awhile back about my concerns over getting a certain job...

Well, I GOT THE JOB, YO! :thu:

I'm stoked as all hell. Finally, a real job with a salary! No more clock punching for the RyMan. :D

I've been trying to convince the wife that I need to spend some of this extra coin on a nice new bass...apparently, I'm not as persuasive as I thought - We signed a purchase agreement for a house this past weekend. :mad:

Eh, maybe a nice kegerator is in the cards for me. :D

• Members

Finally, a real job with a salary! No more clock punching for the RyMan.
:D

Is there overtime involved? Salary was fun for a little while...but when you put in more than 40 hrs. a week, and don't get any extra money for it...it gets old real fast. Especially when you get called in at 2am 3 days in a row...

We finally got switched to hourly...sine the company realized it wasn't very fair. Which is a first!

/rant

Anywho...congrats!!! I'm glad you got the job!

• Members

Is there overtime involved? Salary was fun for a little while...but when you put in more than 40 hrs. a week, and don't get any extra money for it...it gets old real fast. Especially when you get called in at 2am 3 days in a row...

We finally got switched to hourly...sine the company realized it wasn't very fair. Which is a first!

/rant

Anywho...congrats!!! I'm glad you got the job!

Yeah, there's overtime involved. It'll be between 50-60 hours a week, but the salary and benefits more than make up for that. It's only 7:30AM-6:30PM Monday through Friday, and a couple hours on Saturday mornings, so no late nights or work-filled weekends. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the job. It's a pretty cool position, actually.

Thanks for the congrats! :thu:

• Members

Nice. Hire Amanda. Please.
:idea:

Where are you buying a house, yo?

C7

The starting pay for most positions is probably peanuts compared to what she's used to making, but it's a great company to work for, IMHO. Check their website and see if anything seems appealing:

https://www.efirstbank.com/careers/

The house is in Englewood, around the Arapahoe/Jordan Rd. area. Not too far from the DTC. It's a brand new development called Ladera. We're still waiting on loan pre-approval right now. They've already poured the foundation, and the house will be finished around August or September. It's party time when that bitch is finished (if we get the loan...)! :thu:

• Members

The starting pay for most positions is probably peanuts compared to what she's used to making, but it's a great company to work for, IMHO. Check their website and see if anything seems appealing:

https://www.efirstbank.com/careers/

The house is in Englewood, around the Arapahoe/Jordan Rd. area. Not too far from the DTC. It's a brand new development called Ladera. We're still waiting on loan pre-approval right now. They've already poured the foundation, and the house will be finished around August or September. It's party time when that bitch is finished (if we get the loan...)!
:thu:

Arapahoe and Jordan?:freak:

Englewood, Oklahoma maybe.

I guess the tax rate is lower in Oklahoma, so that's a benefit.

C7

• Members

Arapahoe and Jordan?
:freak:

Englewood, Oklahoma maybe.

I guess the tax rate is lower in Oklahoma, so that's a benefit.

C7

Well, it is unincorporated Arapahoe county so the property and sales taxes are lower. :D

Besides, I {censored}ing hate living in Denver. I need to get my ass out to the 'burbs right quick before one of these yuppie {censored}s gets got. :D

Archived