Rickenbacker 4004, what do they sell for?

dogman

• Members

Just curious, cant afford yet another bass(I already have a '75 Rickenbacker 4001 as well so Im happy:) ) just wondering as someone locally in the newspaper has a black and white Rickenbacker 4004 for sale and is asking $800 or best offer. Anyone know what they sell for(are they still in production) and is this a decnet used price or no?

• Members

in my limited experience , I think that's on the low side , especially since they just rasied their list . Is it a 4004L , they look amazing in black :cool: Those basses are something like 24 months backordered , I have a 4004cii on order for over a year now , color of the year '05 , the Dealer ordered it in '05 , still waiting .

• Members

Just curious, cant afford yet another bass(I already have a '75 Rickenbacker 4001 as well so Im happy:) ) just wondering as someone locally in the newspaper has a black and white Rickenbacker 4004 for sale and is asking $800 or best offer. Anyone know what they sell for(are they still in production) and is this a decnet used price or no?

Just give us his number and back away fella:cop:

• Members

that price on a 4004 is very low end!:eek:

so if you dont get it how about pm ing me the info.

Please!:love:

• Members

No. I'm not much of a soloist, and in a band context, there's not a huge difference. Maybe I could do something, if you'd like.

I sure would ! The clips are as elusive as the instruments , even hard to find good Lemmy clips , seems most of them are 4001's or 3's . Nothing fancy don't go crazy , I would love to hear it even if just strumming a few notes ;):cool:

• Moderators

I sure would ! The clips are as elusive as the instruments , even hard to find good Lemmy clips , seems most of them are 4001's or 3's . Nothing fancy don't go crazy , I would love to hear it even if just strumming a few notes
;):cool:

I'll see what I can do. Be forewarned, it's strung with flats!

• Members

The 4004 basses are still in production. Last that I heard, they are still completely made by hand, so they are made in small batches, maybe a couple of times in a year. The next batch that should go into production this month or next might be made in the new CNC machines. I not sure about that. Though I'm pretty sure most of them are already pre-ordered.

It's funny people complain that they want to see something new from RIC, then they make something new and people want the models that RIC has always made. The 4004 basses are outstanding and they are bass guitar world's best kept secret.

They are not easy to find. If you found one at $800, you got a steal, Kenny! I'd say they would go for $1400 to $1800 for a used one in very good to excellent condition. More for a color of the year.

Archived